Lakes or Yorkshire Dales?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

Anyone recommend a nice but reasonable price hotel in lakes, maybe keswick or windermere area. Wifes 50th so looking for 2 nights.
Really does depend on what you’re looking for.

Do you want spa or pool facilities?

High end? Mid range or budget?

What’s your idea of reasonable price?

The old England on bowness is fine. Nice bar and restaurants overlooking the lake. Spa facilities and rooms can be basic or bigger.

Further along the lake in between Windermere and Ambleside is Low Wood which I would class as high end.

If you want Michelin star quality of food then I’d look at linthwaite house. We go to the Henrock to eat there and the views and grounds are amazing. No spa facilities but the rest makes up for it.

Like an earlier poster said, reasonable up there, especially on weekends is difficult.

Good luck and enjoy!

Yeah, I know the lakes quite well. Just not the decent hotels ha. Just looking for something nice, walk to local pub or restsursnt. Doesnt have to have spa. Dont want michelin food just a nice place to stay, quietish. The wifes expectations might be higher than mine 😀. Will check the above ones out.

I stayed at the Lyzzick Hall hotel a few years back which was lovely. Had spa facilities and that but a quick look there and they don't mention them on booking.com anyway. May not have reopened them after Covid.
Was a lovely hotel though.
North of Keswick at foot of Skiddaw.

The hotel I was looking at has nigh on doubled their prices since pre Covid, I could have gone to Gleneagles and saved a few bob.

Place I stayed in last year is the same price now, could easily have upped it. Some places take the piss, some are honest

Back