Lake District

AC Mack

Striker
Where are the best places for a weekend away with the Mrs? We'll probably go sometime in March, but I haven't been for years. Is Keswick a decent bet? Somewhere good for walking and close to a nice town is all I'm really after.

Where are the best places for a weekend away with the Mrs? We'll probably go sometime in March, but I haven't been for years. Is Keswick a decent bet? Somewhere good for walking and close to a nice town is all I'm really after.
Keswick Country House Hotel,five minutes walk to town centre. You won't be disappointed.

In the summer I stayed at Storrs Hall on Windermere, just outside Bowness. Lovely hotel, wasn't too busy either.

Friends of ours had a lovely holiday home overlooking the lake at Grassmere.Really nice there like .

If you want somewhere quiet and remote, The Haweswater Hotel is perfect. Me and our lass went about 6 weeks ago, it's just a hotel beside a lake in the middle of nowhere. The interior has been restored to its art deco origins.

Keswick Country House Hotel,five minutes walk to town centre. You won't be disappointed.
We stayed there a few years ago. It was expensive and we were not impressed. Our room was very small and dated. Maybe it's had a makeover. We use guest houses now. Love Borrowdale so it's Keswick for us.

Depends what you want. Busy towns with shops, Keswick, Bowness, Ambleside, Windermere. 1783534 and good walking, Ullswater, Patterdale, Glenridding or even Pooley Bridge.

Back