Kyril Louis-Dreyfus Interview

I noticed a new word for me "contrarian" catching on and ill be buggered if im looking it up

Don't bother.

The person using the word can't handle the fact that other people might see things differently to themselves, so they try to be insulting to demean the other person's stance rather than have a reasoned conversation.

:lol: Give owwer, man. I was tagged onto the thread so that folks could take the piss, made one slightly ambiguous comment in my own defence and the next time I came back to my computer I had about 15 new alerts, all of them from dickheads having a pop, most of them not even knowing what the conversation had been about in the first place. :lol:

And you're getting upset about "pitchforks"? :lol:

Now THAT's embarrassing. :oops::oops::oops::oops:
It’s quite obvious that don’t see things very clearly for someone who is a self-professed black belt in self-awareness, like. You can’t accurately analyse your own faults and behaviour is my personal take. Throughout this whole saga you’ve come across incredibly badly and you’d know why if you could actually reflect efficiently.
Don't bother.

The person using the word can't handle the fact that other people might see things differently to themselves, so they try to be insulting to demean the other person's stance rather than have a reasoned conversation.
I’ll throw in holier than thou as well. Marries up quite well with contrarian, the stating of which I fully stand by.
I noticed a new word for me "contrarian" catching on and ill be buggered if im looking it up
It means he'd argue the sky is green despite the obvious evidence whilst offering zero proof of his own counter-claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s quite obvious that don’t see things very clearly for someone who is a self-professed black belt in self-awareness, like. You can’t accurately analyse your own faults and behaviour is my personal take. Throughout this whole saga you’ve come across incredibly badly and you’d know why if you could actually reflect efficiently.

I’ll throw in holier than thou as well. Marries up quite well with contrarian, the stating of which I fully stand by.

It means he'd argue the sky is green despite the obvious evidence whilst offering zero proof of his own counter-claim.

That's hilarious considering I was vilified on here purely for asking folks for their evidence rather than just believing their bullshit without proof.

"My faults" seem to be that I don't toe YOUR party line. I'm aware of it, I just don't give a shit.

I'm sure that does "come across badly" to someone as "holier than thou" as yourself, who seems to think that his own point of view is the only valid one, and anyone that disagrees is a "contrarian".

That's hilarious considering I was vilified on here purely for asking folks for their evidence rather than just believing their bullshit without proof.

"My faults" seem to be that I don't toe YOUR party line. I'm aware of it, I just don't give a shit.

I'm sure that does "come across badly" to someone as "holier than thou" as yourself, who seems to think that his own point of view is the only valid one, and anyone that disagrees is a "contrarian".
You never once offered your own actual evidence, Phil. Just exaggerated proposition in a vehemently confrontational fashion which made you no better or your opinion no more valid than the people you railed against. If you were as self-aware as you claim, this much would be obvious to you. I can't believe you don't understand the actual reason you get a load of abuse on Pure Football. It's quite staggering.

You never once offered your own actual evidence, Phil. Just exaggerated proposition in a vehemently confrontational fashion which made you no better or your opinion no more valid than the people you railed against. If you were as self-aware as you claim, this much would be obvious to you. I can't believe you don't understand the actual reason you get a load of abuse on Pure Football. It's quite staggering.

I never offered any evidence because I wasn't putting forward a position. All I was doing was saying "if you want me to believe this, then show me your evidence. Until you do, it's just hearsay, so I won't believe you."

Apparently it's highly offensive not to be a mindless sheep that believes everything without question when it's something negative about someone the herd already dislikes.

Aye but in the 24 months before that, they took the parachute payments out of the club.

I'll await the report and accounts to see if there's a surplus from them but I very much doubt it.
KLD and his serious family business associates have been involved in SAFC five minutes and have had the outgoing opportunists well sussed out immediately, thus the asset strippers reference this week (in the opinion of the majority of SAFC supporters their sole aim was to increase their personal wealth as quickly as possible but Charlton’s 94th minute winner in the play off final in 2019 scuppered that aim good and proper and subsequently their true disrespectful characters came out with an appalling lack of leadership, Tony Davison exited, Charlie slagging the fans off more than once and then ‘resigning’ for effect but subsequently still having plenty to say, and Donald suggesting his daughter had been accosted at a bus stop in Oxfordshire in the middle of a pandemic by three SAFC fans, something a gutless local media amazingly never followed up on).

Add to that their cloak and dagger games regarding how they financed their purchase of SAFC, the appointments of amateurs from Eastleigh and such like to key positions, the cheap skate, desperate sales of promising young academy prospects etc., the appointment of a dullard like Parkinson as manager, inept scouting system and lack of leadership post play off final, and you can see what they did to our club.

Last edited:
Companies house mate

Steve the 10 million was to be used as future investment, the original repayment structure was changed when the takeover/distribution of shares was 1st discussed, then the Mick Dell boys decided to just leave the money in place as a future investment.
KLD has paid it back so we only have or had 2 outstanding debts 1 is still to be decided at court or wherever, the other is the balance of 2 contracts, which i am sure he will pay off ASAP.
Dear me Berb, you really need to shake your head up.

fyl2logoff.

I never offered any evidence because I wasn't putting forward a position. All I was doing was saying "if you want me to believe this, then show me your evidence. Until you do, it's just hearsay, so I won't believe you."

Apparently it's highly offensive not to be a mindless sheep that believes everything without question when it's something negative about someone the herd already dislikes.
Mindless sheep? Quite demeaning that... Most of us were forming our opinion on what was right before our eyes, something that was strikingly obvious. And the observations of the 'mindless sheep' have been proved to be accurate, by our new owner no less. Didn't take Holmes to deduce what Donald and Co. were up to. Killing our club and you were trying to make excuses for them for some unfathomable reason.

Mindless sheep? Quite demeaning that... Most of us were forming our opinion on what was right before our eyes, something that was strikingly obvious. And the observations of the 'mindless sheep' have been proved to be accurate, by our new owner no less. Didn't take Holmes to deduce what Donald and Co. were up to. Killing our club and you were trying to make excuses for them for some unfathomable reason.
Its quite ironic him saying mindless sheep as hes the one demonstrating that

:lol: Give owwer, man. I was tagged onto the thread so that folks could take the piss, made one slightly ambiguous comment in my own defence and the next time I came back to my computer I had about 15 new alerts, all of them from dickheads having a pop, most of them not even knowing what the conversation had been about in the first place. :lol:

And you're getting upset about "pitchforks"? :lol:

Now THAT's embarrassing. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

W

Mmmm but you expect us to ?????

Pitchforks, herd, mob. You love throwing those out there mind. You genuinely have this bizarre sense of superiority added in with a similar mentality as a flat earther.

There was plenty of evidence which you simply refused to acknowledge. Each to their own, but you were trigger happy with the insults, often instigating it with one of the above. You knew what you were doing...

Anyway we were right yet again in a “debate” with you, although we also knew it. It was never in doubt :lol:

Wonder what the next one will be. No doubt you’ll be back in the minority of a few on something ridiculous arguing the sky is green and that we’re just a baying mob of sheep with pitchforks ;)

Last edited:
Just watched that and there was some grit in my eye. I don't care if he fails but at least we have someone with some financial backing and a vision.

I wasn't going back for a while but I'm fully on boards again. Being in the ground with 30,000 or more just seemed a pipedream a few weeks ago. Life has just got so much better.

Methven hasn’t even had the decency to apologise for his numerous unsavoury, spiteful outbursts against the fan base, even though it would be perceived as tokenism by most supporters anyway.
He’s said too much, too often, to be accepted back into the fold. His arrogance brought it all on himself and there’s little doubt that KLD and the high powered associates he has brought into SAFC today will be aware why he’s the only PR bloke in history who.....needs a PR guru. Beyond belief that public relations is his game-staggering.
Wouldn't be so bad if the fella was someone who could bring success, but he has a proven track record of failure in almost everything he turns his hand to:lol:

Gave them a debt free club and let them keep a parachute payment (if indeed he knew they’d do that). If it wasn’t for pandemic they’d have put next to nothin in like. Unreal statement this
What debt free club ?? we are still in debt from Shorts time over a court case and 2 players contracts.
Could you please check if the parachute payment was part of the original deal ???
Dear me Berb, you really need to shake your head up.
for what

What debt free club ?? we are still in debt from Shorts time over a court case and 2 players contracts.
Could you please check if the parachute payment was part of the original deal ???

for what
Still going through court = not decided and not a debt at the time. They knew it was still pending and absorbed it because they were getting a multi million pound asset for nothing.

What debt free club ??

On arriving

"Sunderland's new owners insist the club is now debt-free after completing their £40million takeover."

On leaving

"I am proud to say that we have achieved what we set out to in terms of SAFC’s finances – the club is debt-free, was breaking even prior to the pandemic and has retained its Category One Academy status.”

This one Bob. This club.

Back