Kynren

Yea it's class, been the last two years. Lots of walking from car park to venue unless you are in the park and ride car parks.

went to the opening night this year, was class. we parked in Bish and walked across the viaduct, about 10/15 mins to get from the seating to Bishop imo.

I went 2 days ago, was very good. I parked in the north bondgate car park, about 20 mins walk. Doesn't help they force you to go a ridiculous convoluted snake like route rather than a straight line.

I went 2 days ago, was very good. I parked in the north bondgate car park, about 20 mins walk. Doesn't help they force you to go a ridiculous convoluted snake like route rather than a straight line.
makes the hill easier though, rather than one massive set of stairs :lol:
Its just its billed as covering quite a few acres, cant possibly see that distance?
Assumed was summat like Beamish where you walk to different areas.
its maybe 1.5 football pitches long, 2 tops

Was there Saturday. Went 1st year and missed last year. Very good again, we were on park and ride from the college this year, we had parked before and the walk back was a canny walk uphill as well. Get the park and ride if you can, saves hassle. It's a big stage but you don't move seats. Might be worth taking a cushion etc to sit on cos the seats are shite (comfy wise). Our show started at 9, got down at about 8.20 as we weren't bothered about food and drink. Prices steep and queues are huge. You can't take any food and drink in. You'll enjoy it! Take a coat as well, wind can get up and it can get a bit nippy

Was there Saturday. Went 1st year and missed last year. Very good again, we were on park and ride from the college this year, we had parked before and the walk back was a canny walk uphill as well. Get the park and ride if you can, saves hassle. It's a big stage but you don't move seats. Might be worth taking a cushion etc to sit on cos the seats are shite (comfy wise). Our show started at 9, got down at about 8.20 as we weren't bothered about food and drink. Prices steep and queues are huge. You can't take any food and drink in. You'll enjoy it! Take a coat as well, wind can get up and it can get a bit nippy
Thanks for the info. Much obliged.
We have booked a disabled parking bay as one of us going has mobility issues.
Hopefully traffic ok leading to site.

went couple of weeks ago first time. wasnt expecting that much but thought it was excellent. got the park and ride because had me mam with us who couldnt walk the distance. kids loved it too. i found the seats ok for comfort but were small/narrow. unfortunately got to the shuttle bus queue at the very back and it was almost midnight by the time we got back to the car.
we were sat on the right hand side, but you can see the whole "stage"

Last edited:

Yeah they block the road off at a certain time only allowing show traffic into that area, you'll be parked down next to the entrance so should be fine getting down without much of a delay, getting out should be the same as you'll only have the shuttle bus and a few walkers to contend with.

From the disabled car park you can either walk, which is about three hundred yards or they have golf buggies which will take you to entrance of the arena. If you aren’t bothered about food then it might be best to stay in your car until about fifteen minutes before the show is due to start as there is very little seating outside the arena, though you can go directly to your seat inside the arena. As has been said already the seats are quite hard so you might want to minimise time spent on them!

Back