Kyiv

Anyone in here been? Thoughts on the place?

Can get flights and digs for about 70 quid return in September so thinking about it for a long weekend.

What's the best area to stay?

Anyone in here been? Thoughts on the place?

Can get flights and digs for about 70 quid return in September so thinking about it for a long weekend.

What's the best area to stay?
Where do you get them from ? I've been looking for a cheap weekend break but never seem to find cheap deals that everyone else seems to.

That was really useful, cheers. @Harbour Boy where's the best area to stay? Seems to be between Podil and Lypky, I'm just concerned about being stuck on one side of that massive hill. :)
We stayed right behind the mango shop in an Airbnb. Was cheap as chips, central and all round lovely. Think we paid 80 quid for 3 nights

That was really useful, cheers. @Harbour Boy where's the best area to stay? Seems to be between Podil and Lypky, I'm just concerned about being stuck on one side of that massive hill. :)
Cozy studio next to Khreschatyk. - Flats for Rent in Kiev, Kyiv city, Ukraine

That’s the Airbnb

Last edited:
Don't fly from the north east is your best bet mate. Newcastle airport is pretty shit if you want to go somewhere different to the normal resort locations.
It's a pain isn't it, exhausted the other options of Warsaw, Gdansk, Krakow, Wroclaw and Prague.

Hoping they release some new routes next year.

Last time I was there I flew from Heathrow. Stayed at the Premier Hotel in Lybid which was quite central, plenty of small bars where the locals were friendly enough but hardly full of the joys of spring! Very few restaurants so after eating in the hotel a couple of times (which was nice, Borscht was tremendous) we got a taxi out to a little place that looked like a farm was supposed to be a traditional Ukraine restaurant. Food was good but basically made up of pork products, beetroot, potatoes and lard. The local beer smells of cabbage farts but is drinkable. the fanny is off the scale. like absolutely stunning - but miserable as f***ing sin. A visit won't change your life but should be enjoyable enough.

Chernobyl day tour is a must like mate

But you have to wear those special trousers do't you? 'cos if you don't the radiation destroys the zip and... wait for it... "Chernobyl fall out". budum'tush!

Last edited:

Back