Kubix Festival

I am a music fan thatā€™s why Iā€™m not going to this.
Quite the opposite. This line up seems to be aimed at people who appreciate the music and not big names. Everyone seems to be slagging the levellers off but I believe they still hold the record for the biggest Glastonbury crowd, have sold shedloads of records and they have a large a fiercely loyal fanbase. If folk rockā€™s not your thing go and watch something else in the tent while they are on.

Quite the opposite. This line up seems to be aimed at people who appreciate the music and not big names. Everyone seems to be slagging the levellers off but I believe they still hold the record for the biggest Glastonbury crowd, have sold shedloads of records and they have a large a fiercely loyal fanbase. If folk rockā€™s not your thing go and watch something else in the tent while they are on.
Like shite they do.

Iā€™m just disappointed mate. I really fancied going this year. Hopefully there will be some stuff on Iā€™d watch in the tent.

Hoping the tomorrow festival in exhibition park is decent. Think Pet Shop Boys are playing.

Like shite they do what? Been to many Levellers gigs have you? They are always bouncing.
Iā€™m quite happy with the line up. From where Iā€™m sitting right now I can reach albums by the levellers, NMA, Cast, Selecter and Wedding Present.

Last edited:
Hoping the tomorrow festival in exhibition park is decent. Think Pet Shop Boys are playing.
Iā€™m not a big Levellers fan, Iā€™ll watch, hopefully Iā€™ll enjoy it (Iā€™ll be too pissed to remember) but if they announced the Pet Shop Boys, Iā€™d be certain to be at another stage or on my way home by the time they came on.

Like shite they do what? Been to many Levellers gigs have you? They are always bouncing.
Iā€™m quite happy with the line up. From where Iā€™m sitting right now I can reach albums by the levellers, NMA, Cast, Selecter and Wedding Present.
It isnā€™t the biggest crowd ever is what I meant. I havenā€™t ever seen them and I hope they go down a treat but I hate them.
Iā€™m not a big Levellers fan, Iā€™ll watch, hopefully Iā€™ll enjoy it (Iā€™ll be too pissed to remember) but if they announced the Pet Shop Boys, Iā€™d be certain to be at another stage or on my way home by the time they came on.
šŸ˜‚

Fair enough.

It isnā€™t the biggest crowd ever is what I meant. I havenā€™t ever seen them and I hope they go down a treat but I hate them.

šŸ˜‚

Fair enough.
It was.

The festival's record crowd is 300,000 people, this record was set at the 1994 festival, when headliners the Levellers performs a set on The Pyramid Stage.

It was.

The festival's record crowd is 300,000 people, this record was set at the 1994 festival, when headliners the Levellers performs a set on The Pyramid Stage.
It was.

The dirty bastards are still wank and the lead singer of a a crap arsed fat bag of shite.

I can appreciate that some of the Kubix bands arenā€™t everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but if youā€™ve been punk/alternative/indie kid for the last 40 years then the line up has been pretty much perfect every year, and I guess thatā€™s the audience they are aiming for. If you were into different genres, then itā€™s unfortunate but itā€™s not really aimed at you.
The dirty bastards are still wank and the lead singer of a a crap arsed fat bag of shite.
Iā€™ve got a photo with him outside the head of steam.

I can appreciate that some of the Kubix bands arenā€™t everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but if youā€™ve been punk/alternative/indie kid for the last 40 years then the line up has been pretty much perfect every year, and I guess thatā€™s the audience they are aiming for. If you were into different genres, then itā€™s unfortunate but itā€™s not really aimed at you.

I always imagined he stinks of piss, patchouli and stale farts.

It's quite a niche they are going for this year. Older blokes who liked post punk back in the day type of day out. Cast and Levellers for my younger mates. Wedding Present, wilko Johnson, selecter and gang of four for the older of us.
Wilko us one if my favourite guitarists but cannot sing for toffees.
Hopefully Pet Shop Boys will be supporting Vengaboys on Friday and everyone will be happy.

Back