KPMG's Bill Michael resigns after telling staff to 'stop moaning'

“Bill has made a huge contribution to our firm over the last 30 years, especially over the last three years as chairman, and we wish him all the best for the future,” Mehta said.

Last bit..... Oof

Im not taking stress etc lightly, Ive suffered myself but listening to an Ant Middleton podcast recently n he was slating what a nation of fannies weve became, with dogshit excuses for underperforming at work n taking zero responsibilty. I had to agree with some elements.
I’ve said this before on here, too many people are hiding behind stress and more depression as an excuse, when in reality they simply just need a reality check! Sitting in our nice warm houses, with all the comforts and maybes struggling with a bit home schooling isn’t stress!

Losing your job because of the pandemic, not being able to afford the mortgage, services and food to feed your family is stressful and will fuck you up.

There are people who really need help in society and are really struggling, but these are diluted because of those that are playing the stress and depression cards.

“Bill has made a huge contribution to our firm over the last 30 years, especially over the last three years as chairman, and we wish him all the best for the future,” Mehta said.

Last bit..... Oof
I must be missing something. What is so punchy about wishing him well for the future?

Definitely sounds like he just couldn't be arsed to play along anymore. Spoke his mind but no you can't do that. And this lockdown is having some very serious effects on mental health.

I’ve said this before on here, too many people are hiding behind stress and more depression as an excuse, when in reality they simply just need a reality check! Sitting in our nice warm houses, with all the comforts and maybes struggling with a bit home schooling isn’t stress!

Losing your job because of the pandemic, not being able to afford the mortgage, services and food to feed your family is stressful and will fuck you up.

There are people who really need help in society and are really struggling, but these are diluted because of those that are playing the stress and depression cards.
I know where you're coming from but how people deal with situations isn't universal.

Something that is like water off a ducks back to me could stress you the fuck out or vice versa.

With depression there can be genetic and neurological factors at play, it's not just a case of sucking it up or getting a reality check.

That’s not the case for many KPMG employees I’d imagine. About half of them will be young’uns, new to the world of work, probably stuck in a shared flat somewhere with a few other people and trying to work from a laptop sat on their bed.

They’ll also be flung from project to project not meeting their team, managers or clients in person.

It will impact people.

I must be missing something. What is so punchy about wishing him well for the future?

Definitely sounds like he just couldn't be arsed to play along anymore. Spoke his mind but no you can't do that. And this lockdown is having some very serious effects on mental health.
That's a big fu in corporate speak

Suicide rates amongst working age males is through the roof

This isn’t a good post at all

The mask slips. Loads of these leaders of the consulting firms will be utter bastards. It is why they are at the top. Awful culture of work your bollocks off or you are out.
I suppose things may have changed but I doubt it.

Very much up or out still where I am. Recently made it past the latest time out point with a promotion :lol:

The pandemic has brought work-life balance into much sharper focus though. No different for me mind as I just crack on as normal. Mindful of various team members lives though.

That’s not the case for many KPMG employees I’d imagine. About half of them will be young’uns, new to the world of work, probably stuck in a shared flat somewhere with a few other people and trying to work from a laptop sat on their bed.

They’ll also be flung from project to project not meeting their team, managers or clients in person.

It will impact people.
Not ideal, but they're working, have a roof over their heads and are able to feed themselves. Don't get me wrong, its tough, I'm finding it tough working from home being flung from project to project and not meeting the team, having kids fighting in the background and struggling with homeschooling, and not getting a break from it all and when getting spare time, unable to get out from the same four walls...but you need to put this into context, there's a global pandemic killing people, it wont last forever and we'll soon be able to enjoy our freedom and luxuries again, there are millions of people far worse off.

Back