Knocky nine doors

We live in a house with our front door in an alleyway and some little shots on our estate play this (we call it knock a door run round ere) anyway they run past and boot the door very hard to where it sounds like someone’s trying to kick it in but cause of where we live by the time I go out they’ve fucked off. Wish I had a way of catching the little scroats.

I’ve thought about sitting in the window above the door and waiting for them to come and then tipping a bucket of water on them but could be sat there for hours or for 10 mins. Really pisses me off.
Bear traps mate

On a similar note we participated in “ garden stalking “

The trick was to find a row of houses that you could traverse several front gardens grand national style. There had to be hedges and fences or tall bushes ( open plan didn’t count).

Doubled as a spectator sport as several youths charging along was very entertaining - especially when the less fit , more rotund players got stuck or fell headlong into the begonias.

The trick was to find a row of houses that you could traverse several front gardens grand national style. There had to be hedges and fences or tall bushes ( open plan didn’t count).

Doubled as a spectator sport as several youths charging along was very entertaining - especially when the less fit , more rotund players got stuck or fell headlong into the begonias.
Grand Nash we called it. Some of the runners were knackers mind and couldn't resist booting the flower heads off as they hurtled by.

Was canny playing out like, there was a radgey bloke who lived near us would always chase kids who were out on bikes. He got a hold of one lad and battered him, absolutely no reason. He chased me and me mates one time so we went back with eggs and pelted them off his house and car.

Used to be tremendous. One bloke was sick of his life. Sitting there all night waiting, with his trainers on ready to come fleeing out. Got to the point you'd see his shadow through the window en route before we'd even got to the door :lol:
We had a similar bloke but this was related to hoying a snowball off his front door rather than knocking on it. He must’ve sussed when we were in the street and what we were up to because he’d always come out and chase us but there was this one particular time that he was out with his trainers on chasing us calling us little bastards within about a millisecond of the thud of the snowball hitting his door. :lol:

Garden Hopping.Old people's bungalows were great for it...

Colliery rows where they had a door into the backyard with the sneck and thumb plate, dark nights bit of chewy stick a drawing pin on the thumb plate, bit of dog shit on the pin. Hide in the shadows and watch people suck their thumbs with shite on it.

Dunno how knicky knocky nine doors and garden hopping evolved into pinching dust caps round our way but the thrill level of knicking dusties and getting chased was unrivalled to us little bastards.

Back