Knocky nine doors

This is a fantastic callback to the good ol’ days of the SMB where someone would post a dilemma or something that happened and almost instantly another thread would appear with the other side of the (fabricated) tale.

Bravo, Sir.

This is a fantastic callback to the good ol’ days of the SMB where someone would post a dilemma or something that happened and almost instantly another thread would appear with the other side of the (fabricated) tale.

Bravo, Sir.
Ah don't spoil it man! I'm loving the image of @dangermows creeping up to Rob's window to make sure he was in before knocking his door then legging it :lol:

Where did the nine doors bit come from...but aye as a kid "played" it many a time
Also as a kid used to do loads of putting ramps up on some bricks, getting other kids to lie on the floor and jump them( hopefully) on your bike.

Obviously decades before computer games etc

Last edited:
Where did the nine doors bit come from...but aye as a kid "played" it many a time
Also as a kid used to do loads of putting ramps up on some bricks, getting other kids to lie on the floor and jump them( hopefully) on your bike.

Obviously decades before computer games etc
Urban Dictionary has this

"A game that’s been around since the 1800s. You must knock on someone’s door, then run away, preferably to the next person’s door. The goal is to do nine doors without stopping or getting caught. To make it harder, on the first door, knock once. On the second, knock twice. On the third, knock thrice, all the way until the ninth, when you knock nine times."

We live in a house with our front door in an alleyway and some little shots on our estate play this (we call it knock a door run round ere) anyway they run past and boot the door very hard to where it sounds like someone’s trying to kick it in but cause of where we live by the time I go out they’ve fucked off. Wish I had a way of catching the little scroats.

I’ve thought about sitting in the window above the door and waiting for them to come and then tipping a bucket of water on them but could be sat there for hours or for 10 mins. Really pisses me off.

Used to be tremendous. One bloke was sick of his life. Sitting there all night waiting, with his trainers on ready to come fleeing out. Got to the point you'd see his shadow through the window en route before we'd even got to the door :lol:

Last edited:

Back