Knee injuries

maygo

Winger
Fell off a wall last Saturday and wrenched my left knee. Been to the docs, they think it’s stretched ligaments and maybe some cartilage damage. My knee is still fat as fuck, it’s coming down with ice and compression and I’ve got an appointment back at the soft tissue clinic this week. Gutted I can’t squatdeadlift or clean.
Anyone else have experience of this sort of injury, and expected recovery times? Could I get away with single leg work on my good side or will his create imbalances?

Fell off a wall last Saturday and wrenched my left knee. Been to the docs, they think it’s stretched ligaments and maybe some cartilage damage. My knee is still fat as fuck, it’s coming down with ice and compression and I’ve got an appointment back at the soft tissue clinic this week. Gutted I can’t squatdeadlift or clean.
Anyone else have experience of this sort of injury, and expected recovery times? Could I get away with single leg work on my good side or will his create imbalances?
Depends on how far you’ve stretched it!
My physio described mine as like an elastic band that’s been stretched too far. It’ll never go back to what it was, and I can either deal with it and build up my hamstrings to help keep the shin in place or have surgery which means loads more physio and it might still not be fixed.
So far I’ve been out from Football for over a year, got plenty of leg strength but it’s still unstable with any lateral movement. With decent supports I’d imagine you’d be back lifting (lighter weights at least) in about a month anyway as part of your recovery.
I’m not a physio or doctor I’m basing it only on my own injury. Wish you a speedy recovery as ligaments are a bastard!

Went to a Physio last week. She said I'd got a grade 2 tear of my medial ligament, which is 10-12 weeks to heal. I will be managing this injury like fuck, resting as much as possible, to get maximum recovery
It should heal ok though, and I should get back to normal- just a waiting game

I’ve fallen down the stairs twice in the last month. Both times my left foot caught on a stair as I continued to slide down on my arse. 250lbs stretching a knee down the stairs hurts a canny bit. Did a gentle row the other day to test it and it flared up, even at 7k in 30min. Reckon it’s put an end to my illustrious football career

Back