Knackered PS5 Controller

hudson88

Striker
Bought my PS5 end of June 2022 from Game in Sunderland, took out the care plan which covers any damage to the console and accessories.

My controller has developed dreadful stick drift on the left analogue, to the point where I played 3 games of warzone tonight and came off in a huff because I died when my operator moonwalked across a window and was shot :lol:

I’ve looked and it appears Game have a 1 year warranty on everything I bought - can I just rock up in store and they’ll issue a replacement controller? We’re off to the Metro tomorrow so would I be able to exchange it there?

I’d check with Game themselves, but seeing as I’ve tried ringing both the Sunderland and Metrocentre stores constantly for 2 days, tried the live chat and sent messages on twitter and nobody seems to reply / answer, I thought I’d ask the wise folk on here!

I don't think the build quality is that good on them really.

Took it back to Game and the lad commented “another one” when I explained. At 1st I thought he was being arsey with me, but the other lass behind counter commented about the amount of controllers being returned recently

I got my PS5 on release date and the spring in the right trigger button went after a couple of months. Apparently that was a big problem with the first batch.
Bought a new one in October and haven't had any problems since.

I don't think the build quality is that good on them really.
Not sure about that. We've had our PS5 for quite a while now, and the youngest especially is a sod for mistreating any tech, and we've had not a single problem. The controller is as robust and responsive as it was on day one. Compare that to our Xbox One and by this point in its life cycle we'd probably had to buy two replacements. The controllers for that console were utter shite.

Not sure about that. We've had our PS5 for quite a while now, and the youngest especially is a sod for mistreating any tech, and we've had not a single problem. The controller is as robust and responsive as it was on day one. Compare that to our Xbox One and by this point in its life cycle we'd probably had to buy two replacements. The controllers for that console were utter shite.
Agree with this. Got an Xbox s in the last year or so and the controller that came with it seems cheap as fuck compared to the ps5 one. Couldn’t believe it actually still taking batteries ffs.

Back