Kiss

Overall musical ability. Lyrics, voices and playing instruments.
their lyrics are brilliant man. Look at Take It Off
"Well my mind is gettin' dirty yeah around eleven thirty, uh huh
I wanna watch some asses shakin' to the noise the boys are makin', uh huh
Ooh, so I hop into my car, hit the local titty bar, uh huh
Cause that's my kind of situation when I need some perspiration, uh huh"

Gene Simmons has always said they were no Shakespeare`s or Jazz impresario`s. They are all about putting on a show. It`s meant to be escapist fun not an exercise in intense musicianship and few bands if any put on a better spectacle than KISS.
Well, if your version of a spectacle and escapist fun is ridiculous outfits, silly make up, screeching vocals, chugging plodalongs and unseemly amounts of manly chest hair, then yes I guess they probably do seem to be the "best" at that. Each to their own.

Well, if your version of a spectacle and escapist fun is ridiculous outfits, silly make up, screeching vocals, chugging plodalongs and unseemly amounts of manly chest hair, then yes I guess they probably do seem to be the "best" at that. Each to their own.
:lol::lol: They aren`t to everyone`s taste but I like them. You sound just like my Dad 40 years ago;);)

their lyrics are brilliant man. Look at Take It Off
"Well my mind is gettin' dirty yeah around eleven thirty, uh huh
I wanna watch some asses shakin' to the noise the boys are makin', uh huh
Ooh, so I hop into my car, hit the local titty bar, uh huh
Cause that's my kind of situation when I need some perspiration, uh huh"
Better save Uh! All Night until later @cluffy

I didnt go last night but glad that everyone who did enjoyed it. Ive seen them a few times over the years..most recently on the Sonic Boom tour but it couldnt compete with the reunion tour show at Finsbury Park nor the Unmasked tour with Eric Carr on drums at Wembley arena...the first time i saw them.
i know they have sa id its their final tour but i do really wonder what will happen when its all over.
i certainly wouldnt be surprised to see a Stanley and Simmons managed / authorized official KISS tribute band much like Taylor and May have done with Queen

Can anyone who’s been to the other gigs confirm that the only support act is that painter guy?

2 of my mates didn’t bother arranging to get away early from work so looks like we’ll be leaving Dundee at 5pm for doors opening 6:30 and we need to grab some food in that time too so we are looking at getting into the Hydro for around 7:30. If it’s just the painter I’m not arsed but if there’s a decent support band it might influence our food choices.

Can anyone who’s been to the other gigs confirm that the only support act is that painter guy?

2 of my mates didn’t bother arranging to get away early from work so looks like we’ll be leaving Dundee at 5pm for doors opening 6:30 and we need to grab some food in that time too so we are looking at getting into the Hydro for around 7:30. If it’s just the painter I’m not arsed but if there’s a decent support band it might influence our food choices.
It's just been the painter everywhere mate.
I was speaking to one of the roadies on Sunday and he said band are on 8.45

It's just been the painter everywhere mate.
I was speaking to one of the roadies on Sunday and he said band are on 8.45
Cheers. We don’t need to be in much of a hurry then, although I must say for £65 a ticket I would have expected a “proper” support act. The cancelled Ozzy tour had Judas Priest in support but the best Kiss can do is some bloke painting pictures for 45mins!

Cheers. We don’t need to be in much of a hurry then, although I must say for £65 a ticket I would have expected a “proper” support act. The cancelled Ozzy tour had Judas Priest in support but the best Kiss can do is some bloke painting pictures for 45mins!

Aye and its still the same for the re-arranged dates early next year.

Fair enough

Posted this last year and have added The Eagles to it since

A live gig list I've collated over the years, deffo rock orientated but not all, there's loads of stuff that doesn't get listened to but I'm game for most stuff.

AC/DC, NCL Mayfair, City Hall, NCL Arena, Wembley, Etihad

Rolling Stones - Knebworth 1975

AC/DC - Mayfair 1978

Rammstein - twice

KISS - Wembley Arena in the 70s, City Hall & Arena

Bruce Springsteen - twice

Van Halen - when they supported Black Sabbath at the City Hall & blew them off the stage.

Status Quo - Sunderland Empire 70s

ZZ Top - City Hall 70s & Vegas 00s

Aerosmith - NCL Arena

Oasis - SOL

Foo Fighters - 3 times - best at SOL

Kings of Leon - Manchester Arena

Airbourne - Carling Academy

Def Leppard

Iron Maiden

UFO

Scorpions

Boston

The Damned

Wings

Hootie & the Blowfish

Ian Dury and the Blockheads

Kid Creole & the Coconuts

The Mavericks

Styx

Foreigner

Alter Bridge

Rainbow Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Luther Vandross (I know not a band but a legend)

The Enemy

Jools Holland & His Big Band

Madness

Bad Manners

Bryan Adams

Journey

Queen - 1975 when they were a rock band

Judas Priest

10CC

Lynryd Skynryd

Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Thin Lizzy

Ramones

Bon Jovi

RHCP

Prodigy

Kasabian

Kaiser Chiefs

Cheap Trick (who?)

Iggy Pop

Metallica

Motley Crue

Simply Red

Rush

Bad Company

U2 (very early days - would like to see them now)

Duran Duran (again very early days, did one song twice)

Motorhead

Nickelback (superb)

Ted Nugent

David Guetta

Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet band

Curtis Stigers

Level 42

Saxon

Rose Tattoo

Cadillac Three

Brothers Osborne

Liam Gallagher

That might just be the most disgusting list of acts I've ever seen on here :lol:

No offence btw mate

That might just be the most disgusting list of acts I've ever seen on here :lol:

No offence btw mate
Ha! None taken marra, that’s a genuine comment with no malice.

I await your list for scrutiny

Yes. Mind you i saw Alice supporting Motley at the arena and it was great! I quite enjoy hour long shows. Couldn't be arsed with Springsteen doing a three hour show for example :lol:
Go, it’s a great show wether you’re a fan or not

Last edited:

Back