Kiss

40 years since I heard them and blew my musical world wide open. Saw them for the first time in 1983 and have seen them on every tour since. It`s a bitter sweet moment today. Excited to see the show but sad that it`s the last tour. They`ve done some great songs and some not so great ones, even Gene Simmons admits that, but the show and the songs make such an event. I know loads of people going tonight. It`s going to be a great night.
I went!
Heavens On Fire, Lick It Up, Cold Gin, DRC and God of Thunder were all great. Changed my mind on Tommy - he held it together at times and rocked.

Negatives : Some of the other set list choices frustrated me, the sound in the Arena was grim (as usual) and I hated the house lights coming on all the time! :lol: Really took me out of the moment.
Still, was amazing to finally see them. I wish I’d seen them with Bruce bitd mind! If it wasn’t sold out it must have been pretty close mind.

I’m off to Glasgow to see them tomorrow.

I saw them open for Avril in 2008, not that bad actually.

There’s a whole group of people from work going to see Kiss tonight. If it hadn’t been for them going on about it for months I wouldn’t have even knew who they are tbh.
Never heard of Kiss? How old are you?

Last edited:
I went!
Heavens On Fire, Lick It Up, Cold Gin, DRC and God of Thunder were all great. Changed my mind on Tommy - he held it together at times and rocked.

Negatives : Some of the other set list choices frustrated me, the sound in the Arena was grim (as usual) and I hated the house lights coming on all the time! :lol: Really took me out of the moment.
Still, was amazing to finally see them. I wish I’d seen them with Bruce bitd mind! If it wasn’t sold out it must have been pretty close mind.

I thought Paul Stanley did well hitting some notes but then bottled others on I Was Made For Loving You and Love Gun. Overall it was a canny gig and couldn't expect much more given their age etc. One of the lads we went with, who's a massive Kiss fan, said the setlist had some more obscure choices like.

I was in the seats and two women in front of us told us they couldn't hear because of us talking...couldn't hear a f***ing rock concert because some people were talking....

I thought Paul Stanley did well hitting some notes but then bottled others on I Was Made For Loving You and Love Gun. Overall it was a canny gig and couldn't expect much more given their age etc. One of the lads we went with, who's a massive Kiss fan, said the setlist had some more obscure choices like.

I was in the seats and two women in front of us told us they couldn't hear because of us talking...couldn't hear a f***ing rock concert because some people were talking....
It’s harsh to compare to their own past but look at this - twice as fast and they come out of the traps running around like maniacs! :lol:
33 year ago mind :neutral:

I went!

brilliant , brilliant show. Loads more pyro on this tour than previous ones. A good 2 hours long. Pretty much the same set list as the last few tours. I would have dropped Lick It Up, Heaven`s On Fire and Crazy Nights for I Stole Your Love, Strutter and Nothin` To Lose personally. But great to hear 100,000 years and War Machine. The haters will hate but that was one amazing show and a couple of hours of pure entertainment.

I’m off to Glasgow to see them tomorrow.

Never heard of Kiss? How old are you?
Me too:D:D:D. Last night of their last European tour.

brilliant , brilliant show. Loads more pyro on this tour than previous ones. A good 2 hours long. Pretty much the same set list as the last few tours. I would have dropped Lick It Up, Heaven`s On Fire and Crazy Nights for I Stole Your Love, Strutter and Nothin` To Lose personally. But great to hear 100,000 years and War Machine. The haters will hate but that was one amazing show and a couple of hours of pure entertainment.

Me too:D:D:D. Last night of their last European tour.
Would have loved to hear Strutter

I don’t like them, not because they’re crap, though they are, but because they are cynical money grabbing wankers who obviously don’t give a fuck about music. They even did a disco record ffs as that was where the money was at the time.

Back