Kingdom Come : Deliverance

DPTT

Winger
Haven’t played on my Xbox for nearly a year but quite fancy this.

Anyone played it and is it any good?

I loved Skyrim and the whole RPG genre in general.

Cheers in advance.

That’s my problem, I don’t think I have the time to play it properly.

I keep buying games. Usually RPGs which require alot of hours then I remember I'm a parent and only really should buy 1 or 2 games a year because I don't get much time to play. Got quite a backlog building up.

My Nintendo switch gets the most use just because I can play it while the kids are watching a film or something.

Went a bit off topic there didn't I.:lol:

I keep buying games. Usually RPGs which require alot of hours then I remember I'm a parent and only really should buy 1 or 2 games a year because I don't get much time to play. Got quite a backlog building up.

My Nintendo switch gets the most use just because I can play it while the kids are watching a film or something.

Went a bit off topic there didn't I.:lol:
Have you seen the new thing xbox was showing off at e3. Basically a holder you attach to the controller. Your phone sits in it acting as a screen and you stream the xbox to it as a handheld device

Haven’t played on my Xbox for nearly a year but quite fancy this.

Anyone played it and is it any good?

I loved Skyrim and the whole RPG genre in general.

Cheers in advance.
It's got some incredibly rough edges at times because it was made by an Indy studio but if you're into Skyrim you will love it. No fantasy elements but an interesting world to be a part of, nice story and the chance to go off and do your own thing. Taking over castles, assassinating senior figures and being a bandit in the forest is all good and fun

Last edited:
Have you seen the new thing xbox was showing off at e3. Basically a holder you attach to the controller. Your phone sits in it acting as a screen and you stream the xbox to it as a handheld device

It's got some incredibly rough edges at times because it was made by an Indy studio but if you're into Skyrim you will love it. No fantasy elements but an interesting world to be a part of, nice story and the chance to go off and do your own thing. Taking over castles, assassinating senior figures and being a bandit in the forest is all good and fun
See the lack of magic and more grounded realism is why this interests me more than skyrim etc :)

Streaming to mobile devices is great in theory but the remote play feature on PlayStation doesn't work well for me. Microsoft might do it better though.

Streaming to mobile devices is great in theory but the remote play feature on PlayStation doesn't work well for me. Microsoft might do it better though.
Well the immediate selling point is simply bouncing a signal from your console to another part of the house via your wireless router which will work nice.

But this new venture between sony and microsoft is to address that very problem you mention.

They just do not have the infrastructure microsoft and google have to compete.

So Sony have asked if they can piggy back off microsoft to stream their gaming system worldwide.

Well the immediate selling point is simply bouncing a signal from your console to another part of the house via your wireless router which will work nice.

But this new venture between sony and microsoft is to address that very problem you mention.

They just do not have the infrastructure microsoft and google have to compete.

So Sony have asked if they can piggy back off microsoft to stream their gaming system worldwide.

I hadn't heard about the sont/Microsoft venture. If they can get remote play working correctly then it would be very handy for me.

I hadn't heard about the sont/Microsoft venture. If they can get remote play working correctly then it would be very handy for me.
I think this venture is Sony acknowledging they can't compete in the future games market, they don't have the infrastructure.

In 11 years time when this console cycle ends you can guarantee the next will focus on streaming from super PC's at a central hub somewhere so you always play games with the latest graphics that never go out of date and the fastest processors. Games already loaded onto these PC's meaning no installing, no downloading etc. just instant play whatever you want, whenever you want.

Sony are smart to buddy with microsoft though, they will bring with them a wealth of experience and a tonne of gaming studios to boot.

I think they've both realised they need to team up because their are big guns on the horizon when Google brings out it's console.

I think this venture is Sony acknowledging they can't compete in the future games market, they don't have the infrastructure.

In 11 years time when this console cycle ends you can guarantee the next will focus on streaming from super PC's at a central hub somewhere so you always play games with the latest graphics that never go out of date and the fastest processors. Games already loaded onto these PC's meaning no installing, no downloading etc. just instant play whatever you want, whenever you want.

Sony are smart to buddy with microsoft though, they will bring with them a wealth of experience and a tonne of gaming studios to boot.

I think they've both realised they need to team up because their are big guns on the horizon when Google brings out it's console.

Although it's inevitable I don't like the idea of the death of the traditional console. My Internet needs sorting out before it can be a realistic thing for me to use. The Stadia won't run well on my third world connection.

Although it's inevitable I don't like the idea of the death of the traditional console. My Internet needs sorting out before it can be a realistic thing for me to use. The Stadia won't run well on my third world connection.
True but we have 11 years atleast to sort that out so I wouldn't fret too much mate

It's great. Proper RPG without all the magicky bullshit and you can basically do wtf you want. You can kill who you want and steal etc.

It's all very gritty in a pretty grim and shitty land full of muck, piss, shit and bandits. Combat isn't just pressing fire as fast as you can and you have to try block and attack when you see openings or you just get beat to shit. It has a brilliant comedy element to it also which gives it a nice touch and the main protagonist is a bit of a shithouse who is a bit thick so does some weird shit in quests. NPCs are the same too, some right bastards and some proper thick as fuck who just keep getting into trouble.

Well worth buying.

Back