King Crimson

Amazing gig,all old stuff ,3 drummers at the front ,everyone on top for, sax/cornet/brass guy really added to it ,Levin orchestrated it for me ,best I've seen him live :cool:...old men rule

Beat me to it.
I still can't get my head around them not playing The Sage :confused:
Well I saw Belews power trio there ,couldn't believe my luck fabulous gig to about 40 people in the big room !

Amazing gig,all old stuff ,3 drummers at the front ,everyone on top for, sax/cornet/brass guy really added to it ,Levin orchestrated it for me ,best I've seen him live :cool:...old men rule

Well I saw Belews power trio there ,couldn't believe my luck fabulous gig to about 40 people in the big room !

Were the old songs pre 8o's as that's my bag, Sailors Tale, The Great Deceiver, Larks Tongues... etc?

In the halcyon days of the Mecca the DJ used to play their stuff, and you knew they were different, they were ahead of the game,although I never really got into them.
Loved 21st Century Schizoid Man and Epitaph. Did they ever play The Mecca in those days I just can't recall?

Looks about it ,just faultless and as a musician myself I didn't know who to watch ! No screens ,a little lighting and kapow

In the halcyon days of the Mecca the DJ used to play their stuff, and you knew they were different, they were ahead of the game,although I never really got into them.
Loved 21st Century Schizoid Man and Epitaph. Did they ever play The Mecca in those days I just can't recall?
This was their first British "tour" for 30 odd years ,they've never done anything since I got into them in the 80
Playing again tonight well worth a trip if tickets left

Looks about it ,just faultless and as a musician myself I didn't know who to watch ! No screens ,a little lighting and kapow

This was their first British "tour" for 30 odd years ,they've never done anything since I got into them in the 80
I love Levin....but John Wetton was the bass player for me

I love Levin....but John Wetton was the bass player for me
I can't comment on John but I know Leven through Kc and a few others and he isn't fast and flash but technically superb on anything he picks up ,fret less, stick,stand up bass etc
We all said he was the glue last night ,best I've seen him and I've seen him a lot

I can't comment on John but I know Leven through Kc and a few others and he isn't fast and flash but technically superb on anything he picks up ,fret less, stick,stand up bass etc
We all said he was the glue last night ,best I've seen him and I've seen him a lot
Oh...don't get me wrong....Levin is class. I'm sure he was playing "stick" on the first Peter Gabriel tour I saw (1977/78?).

I was lucky enough to see the double trio at the Royal Albert Hall, that was awesome

I was thinking more '69 to '71 I can't remember whether they actually visited.

Back