King Crimson

Fripp ended up on one of those guitar god tours where the Steve vai shredders go to wank over each other,everyone just scratched their head at him:lol:

Great era though.

I remember that, hey just started soundscapes off and fucked off the stage much to all the widdly widdly fans confusion

Saw them in 1982 - FFS!!:cry:

too young to see the Discipline-era band but did have the pleasure of seeing the double trio line-up at the Royal Albert Hall - they made a fearsome racket

Another great album from 74.

Logon or register to see this image

an awesome record - the new singer sounds a bit like Wetton

I remember that, hey just started soundscapes off and fucked off the stage much to all the widdly widdly fans confusion

too young to see the Discipline-era band but did have the pleasure of seeing the double trio line-up at the Royal Albert Hall - they made a fearsome racket
Saw the Sylvian ,Fripp Damage tour in the 90s which was effectively the new Crimson line up,Gunn ,Mastelotto etc

lucky bugger - love that live album; Fripp is a special sort of lunatic to have that band and then think - I know what's missing! reckon this needs more Bruford, Levin & Belew
Yeah ,sounds like a Neil young type guy,my way or the highway,you get a phone call or you don't...

an awesome record - the new singer sounds a bit like Wetton

Heh youngster - i'm not that old !!!
Saw most of my live music between 15 and 18 (Saw KC, and Roxy Music in Frejus when i was 17)

Fripp ended up on one of those guitar god tours where the Steve vai shredders go to wank over each other,everyone just scratched their head at him:lol:

Yep I was at the City Hall gig. It was full of geeky kids who were arguing whether Vai's solos were primarily based on the Harmonic minor scale or not. I went to see Fripp. Despite the thoughts of the restless halfwits in the audience, he stole the show.

'In the Court of the Crimson King'. One of my all time favourite albums. Thanks for the info. The bastards could have played Newcastle though.
Epitaph from that album features the best ever use of a mellotron and the line "The fate of all mankind I fear is in the hands of fools" is one of the truest lyrics ever written.

I agree with your lack of Newcastle show sentiment too.

Great era though.
That was Vai and Satriani I think. Fripp sat on a chair at the back and seemed to play a single note throughout his set.

Back