Killers v Manics

Liked the killers first album, been shit ever since. Shame really.
Never really got into the Manics in the 90's. Never liked the moody stuff like them and radiohead. Might feel different now of I give it another try. It happened with the Smiths.

I love "All these things that I've done". I've never seen them live, but I went to V2003 and I think it was on the Friday night there was a DJ tent on so we went down for a look, DJ stuck this on and it was absolutely bouncing.
It's an extremely happy memory for me. A song that transports me right back. I can still see the lass waving her arms about :lol:

Other than that Mr Brightside can piss off. If you stick it on long enough a middle-class wedding will break out.
They have some other decent tunes, but overall The Manics knock them out of the park.

Is this a very cryptic thread about the manics supporting the killers next year? They’re also supporting green day which is even more unusual.

Is this a very cryptic thread about the manics supporting the killers next year? They’re also supporting green day which is even more unusual.
makes more sense for me for them to be supporting green day, more their own era. still kinda surprised they're taking these pay days and not doing their own gigs. Suppose theyre good pay days for minimal effort
I love "All these things that I've done". I've never seen them live, but I went to V2003 and I think it was on the Friday night there was a DJ tent on so we went down for a look, DJ stuck this on and it was absolutely bouncing.
It's an extremely happy memory for me. A song that transports me right back. I can still see the lass waving her arms about :lol:

Other than that Mr Brightside can piss off. If you stick it on long enough a middle-class wedding will break out.
They have some other decent tunes, but overall The Manics knock them out of the park.
:lol:

Didn't come out til summer 2004 iirc.
Somebody Told Me came out at the start of 04.

Love The Killers.
Like one or two of the Manics songs.
A bit too serious and angst ridden for me though,they need to f***ing lighten up miserable fuckers.

Killers for me because they are what they are ,English indie influenced guitar pop
Not a bad song on the first album then some decent songs since and a great live show

Manics seem like canny blokes and a genuine enough but their message misses the mark for me .

On a side note they are nothing like each other so why compare .
The Manics have written a classic album in terms of The Holy Bible.

The Killers have come nowhere close, yet.
Subjective.The 5 or so million more punters who bought the killers album might agree if they hear it

Last edited:
Subjective.The 5 or so million more punters who bought the killers album might agree if they hear it

Well of course, the same could be said of the millions more people who bought Everything Must Go &/or This Is My Truth... than bothered with The Holy Bible.

Quite often a bands ‘classic ‘ album is nowhere near their best seller or the one that most punters have heard.

Well of course, the same could be said of the millions more people who bought Everything Must Go &/or This Is My Truth... than bothered with The Holy Bible.

Quite often a bands ‘classic ‘ album is nowhere near their best seller or the one that most punters have heard.
Not really Its just the one the "original " fans quote to feel superior over the " new" fans .
That gang who don't like a band being too big

Back