Killer Whales in Northern Ireland Loch

Spotted off Seaham apparently.

They very rarely attack humans in the wild. Saw some in Canada in 2017 and the guide said there are no recorded instances of a killer whale having killed a human in the wild. Found that surprising.
Dead men tell no tales.

There's loads round here, and even though I know that fact to be true, I still feel on edge every time I'm in the water.

Humpybacks anarl - Humpback whale spotted breaching in Vancouver harbour (VIDEO) | News

Last edited:

Dead men tell no tales.

There's loads round here, and even though I know that fact to be true, I still feel on edge every time I'm in the water.

Humpybacks anarl - Humpback whale spotted breaching in Vancouver harbour (VIDEO) | News
It was definitely dolphins off Seaham not Orcas.

Dead men tell no tales.

Do you live in Vancouver? If so, I envy you. I think it is a fantastic city. I was supposed to be there last week but the holiday obviously got cancelled.

It was definitely dolphins off Seaham not Orcas.

Yep, Bottlenose dolphins.

There is a decent facebook page called North East cetaceans that has all the sightings and the marine guy for the NE said they weren't orcas.

I live in Whitley Bay and despite being dozens of sightings a week and that I probably run 1500 miles per year up and down the coast I havent seen a single one

Yep, Bottlenose dolphins.

There is a decent facebook page called North East cetaceans that has all the sightings and the marine guy for the NE said they weren't orcas.

I live in Whitley Bay and despite being dozens of sightings a week and that I probably run 1500 miles per year up and down the coast I havent seen a single one
Aye im in that group too

Aye im in that group too

It's a good group and probably one of the decent things about Facebook.

The guy who administers the group does whale/dolphin watching tours out the tyne. I was supposed to be on one of his trips on 29th May but that will be cancelled and moved to 2021

The company is Northern Wildlife Experience and they pick up at customs house in south shields as well

It's a good group and probably one of the decent things about Facebook.

The guy who administers the group does whale/dolphin watching tours out the tyne. I was supposed to be on one of his trips on 29th May but that will be cancelled and moved to 2021

The company is Northern Wildlife Experience and they pick up at customs house in south shields as well
Just checked them out they have loads of great stuff on there like.

Back