Kieron Brady

I saw Bridges a lot in his early stages, was brilliant in a youth tournament, then watched him in the reserves, very very good player, injuries knacked him. Pity his agent was a twat and he left us for dirty leeds

Aye what a twat, got him a move for first team football in a better team than the one he was a reserve for. He was outstanding when he went there as well, a much better player than Smith was and he had a great career.

The ones that spring to mind are Brady, Smith and Thornton but in reality the likes of Sessegnon were probably better. The young lad that stole stuff from the changing room was highly rated too, can't for the life of me remember his name.
And Bridges- he was genuinely gifted pre injury and even when he came back, a shadow of himself, he still had a touch of class with amazing movement.
Yep Gary Breeds, had the ball on a string, more natural talent than Gazza, played against them both, Bertie ripped me a new one

Most natural to actually play for us was Worthington

Last edited:
Sessegnon most naturally gifted by a long way for me. Other great players had to work at their game, ie first touch etc. Phillips developed brilliantly

Back