Kieron Brady

I saw Bridges a lot in his early stages, was brilliant in a youth tournament, the watched him in the reserves, very very good player, injuries knacked him. Pity his agent was a twat and he left us for dirty leeds
“Mickey stickman” iirc he left for £5M which was a large fee at the time. Should Reid have played bridges instead of Quinn?

This. Totally nuts what he could do.

Cool as, There was a lad from Seaham around the first team at that time, and he told us when the manager was giving his team talk, Frank would be standing in front of the mirror getting his quif right :)

“Mickey stickman” iirc he left for £5M which was a large fee at the time. Should Reid have played bridges instead of Quinn?

No way, but his agent realised by putting that demand on the table he was leaving, he was never getting ahead of either them at that stage

Last edited:
Tommy Miller, amazing ability to disappear or Gareth Hall who incredibly kept a player out of the team when the other player was at least a thousand times better in that position.....some super skill, that.

The ones that spring to mind are Brady, Smith and Thornton but in reality the likes of Sessegnon were probably better. The young lad that stole stuff from the changing room was highly rated too, can't for the life of me remember his name.
And Bridges- he was genuinely gifted pre injury and even when he came back, a shadow of himself, he still had a touch of class with amazing movement.
Was the young lad that stole stuff not Thomas Butler?

I saw him play Hebburn in a friendly and he stood out for his ability. Looked weak as water in the first team like

Back