Kids lockdown

I might have read your earlier post wrong mate. Are you saying he's okay when he gets up or he waits a bit and then starts rattling the gate and demanding attention?

He use to do that the moment he opened his eyeballs 'I WANT UP NOW' loud as you could imagine. Now he sits and plays for a bit.

Kicking a ball is fine ive taken him out to do that but if he sees a climbing frame or swing and i say no. Back to WW3 :)

I appreciate all the comments though, it's been good to talk and i am 100% going to take some of this advice on board.

Not the Whisky and Belt options. Unless i want a wild wank.
PM me mate if you want any more advice.

He use to do that the moment he opened his eyeballs 'I WANT UP NOW' loud as you could imagine. Now he sits and plays for a bit.

that's a positive then! If he's generally okay at first then get in there when he's okay, downstairs, breakfast and ready for the day. Sounds like all is not lost just yet.

stick at it. There's no such thing as an instruction manual when it comes to children! :)

3 and 4 year old boys. Stick them in the garden and they’re fine. In the house they belt seven bells out of each other and scream the house down. I go to school to look after the key worker kids for a break!
I think looking back that was a massive bonus we had when ours where little.We had a f***ing massive garden with climbing frame/slide/paddle pool(summer)/balls the lot.It also helped there was only 15month between them so even if all their cousins or neighbours kids were not in then at least they could play or fight with each other.

Last edited:
I think looking back that was a massive bonus we had when ours where little.We had a f***ing massive garden with climbing frame/slide/paddle pool(summer)/balls the lot.It also helped there was only 15month between them so even if all their cousins or neighbours kids were not in then at least they could play or fight with each other.
Mine are 15 months apart too mate. Glad we didn’t hang about cos they’ve always got each other. It has its advantages although it does seem hard work at the minute - wouldn’t have it any other way.

Seems your Mrs is one of the types that have kids screaming in shops trying to get their way, then just giving into them for them to do it over and over again.
Enjoy.

Done a behaviour chart for my 5 year old last few days. If she does something good like tidy up after herself etc she gets to put a sticker on the chart. If she does something naughty (hasn't since started) then the sticker comes off and she gets a ☹️.

How’s it gone today mate ?

Been alright to be fair. But i took the tv remotes and refused to give in to his shite he was alot calmer. Then took them both out for a bit (round the block a couple of times)
Seems your Mrs is one of the types that have kids screaming in shops trying to get their way, then just giving into them for them to do it over and over again.
Enjoy.

100% She even admits this. I even hit that point myself tonight. He doesn't f***ing listen so what can you do he just screams the street down if you naughty step him etc. Do what you f***ing want.

Like I said earlier, it's been a f***ing massive eye-opener this working from home shit.

Last edited:
Been alright to be fair. But i took the tv remotes and refused to give in to his shite he was alot calmer. Then took them both out for a bit (round the block a couple of times)

100% She even admits this. I even hit that point myself tonight. He doesn't f***ing listen so what can you do he just screams the street down if you naughty step him etc. Do what you f***ing want.

Like I said earlier, it's been a f***ing massive eye-opener this working from home shit.
You’ve got to be strong mate with kids,pets,wives and people in general.Plenty of love aswell mind but also need a serious side to you where they respect you when you say no.

I know it’s a thing now since that fat lass on the telly invented it but the naughty step thing always makes me chuckle.If it works fair enough,when mine where jumping about like a lowie in the sitting room and say “Santi is watching you and he’s angry”I told them the pir in the corner was Santi’s magic eye and when the little red light went on that’s when he was angry.

Aye kids are twats, it certainly puts a strain on things but if he’s going to win everytime he’s going to keep on doing it. What’s the downside, there isn’t one for him.

I need some tips here like.

Three year old never shuts up EVER! If he's not talking he's humming, or just making noises running round. He's the most argumentative twat in the world and just refuses to listen to anything. Especially his mam (which is effecting us as I get her wrath)

The naughty step doesn't work as he just screams the place down, neighbours are starting to winge. At me, wits end here like 1-year-old daughter can never get any sleep during the day so she just cries as well. Put her out the way upstairs and he's up screaming and shouting in an instant.

How the missus has put up with this I have no clue. At the point where I want to dump him at his actual dad's house but he only wants him once a fortnight.

Only been a week and I'm ready to gan postal.
Ignore him

We've got a 1 and 4 year old at home and it's hard work. So far I get up and get a load of work done before 7 so can do bottles. Log back in whilst they digest then breakfast and dressed before 9. Little one goes down around 0930 for an hour and a half and the elder one plays. We've got loads of creative kit like paints and playdough but I've found stuff like printing templates of masks out to paint is canny.

Mrs takes them out for an hour around 1130 then lunch for us all. They bit have a nap after lunch then from 1530 we just have to split time and efforts keeping them entertained. It's hard like and there's at least one meltdown every day.

It's hard for us and harder for the kids

We've got a 1 and 4 year old at home and it's hard work. So far I get up and get a load of work done before 7 so can do bottles. Log back in whilst they digest then breakfast and dressed before 9. Little one goes down around 0930 for an hour and a half and the elder one plays. We've got loads of creative kit like paints and playdough but I've found stuff like printing templates of masks out to paint is canny.

Mrs takes them out for an hour around 1130 then lunch for us all. They bit have a nap after lunch then from 1530 we just have to split time and efforts keeping them entertained. It's hard like and there's at least one meltdown every day.

It's hard for us and harder for the kids

I watch a 4yo all day while our lass works upstairs and its hard work with just him and he's pretty low maintenance. After all this is over the 6 weeks holidays are going to be a doddle in the future when there is plenty to do :lol:

When we head out for our exercise round the cycle paths you get talking to other parents of kids in school and some who have 2 and 3 kids look physical and mentally drained and will admit to it. Obviously lives are on the line and this is the way it's got to but if the kids don't go back to school September this is going to break a lot of people. I've sensed my 4yo getting very needy with me this week, wanting me playing with him all the time. I'm gently putting my foot down with him and making sure he plays by himself for periods of the day while his dad watches him while he's having a rest with his feet up

I need some tips here like.

Three year old never shuts up EVER! If he's not talking he's humming, or just making noises running round. He's the most argumentative twat in the world and just refuses to listen to anything. Especially his mam (which is effecting us as I get her wrath)

The naughty step doesn't work as he just screams the place down, neighbours are starting to winge. At me, wits end here like 1-year-old daughter can never get any sleep during the day so she just cries as well. Put her out the way upstairs and he's up screaming and shouting in an instant.

How the missus has put up with this I have no clue. At the point where I want to dump him at his actual dad's house but he only wants him once a fortnight.

Only been a week and I'm ready to gan postal.
Always knew what this meant, but not why.

Quite interesting...

Back