Kicking off in Brixton

Not sure about sending the army in, but certainly shouldn't be running away in defeat.
Should arrest and fine anyone refusing to disperse, and anyone attacking the police or found with knives etc charged appropriately. If it escalates take appropriate steps to bring it under control. It isn't acceptable to have no go zones in this country.

Easy as that

What do you reckon that they should do?
This repeatedly retreating from protesters/rioters / fckwits seems to be doing themselves no good

I do think something like the army as a PSU unit type thing could be considered. Would need to be a quick bit of public order training. Doing nowt else are they ;)
I think its simply numbers they dont have. Not sure how it works down there but its not easy resource wise sticking out loads of PSU cops as you have to drag them from all over. That takes time.
Maybe before deploying cops into situations they cant handle, monitor from a distance or using a drone/NPAS? Find out how big these parties are before deploying cops so they dont end up being stuck and surrounded.
Whats not been shown in the press cos the nuggets wont be filming it will be the PSU units eventually coming out and moving everyone on.
There is also a massive lack of support and the silence is deafening from chief officers at the moment. Should be sending out messages and giving cops support to use necessary force without the fear of a 2 year iopc investigation hanging over them cos they give darnel a baton strike across the back of the legs

I do think something like the army as a PSU unit type thing could be considered. Would need to be a quick bit of public order training. Doing nowt else are they ;)
I think its simply numbers they dont have. Not sure how it works down there but its not easy resource wise sticking out loads of PSU cops as you have to drag them from all over. That takes time.
Maybe before deploying cops into situations they cant handle, monitor from a distance or using a drone/NPAS? Find out how big these parties are before deploying cops so they dont end up being stuck and surrounded.
Whats not been shown in the press cos the nuggets wont be filming it will be the PSU units eventually coming out and moving everyone on.
There is also a massive lack of support and the silence is deafening from chief officers at the moment. Should be sending out messages and giving cops support to use necessary force without the fear of a 2 year iopc investigation hanging over them cos they give darnel a baton strike across the back of the legs
I've just been watching the local news report about an illegal rave in Teesside. It reported that the police were aware of the location as it had been all over Facebook prior to the event.
It seemed obvious to me that they couldn't have stopped the race before it started instead of allowing it to build up and then deal with it.

I agree that the bosses should be showing more support for their lads though

Back