Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
38 minutes though. What is going on ? Obviously coudnt give a fuck
He was awful no getting away from that.Im no tactical genius but playing brudcutt and catrermole holding with ki roaming in front seems way forward for me.Might give Johnson and borini bit more freedom too.
Il just put yesterday down as a very bad day at office for ki. Given likes of Larson and Gardner he must have at least another seasons worth in him before we start singling him out.

He was awful no getting away from that.Im no tactical genius but playing brudcutt and catrermole holding with ki roaming in front seems way forward for me.Might give Johnson and borini bit more freedom too.
Il just put yesterday down as a very bad day at office for ki. Given likes of Larson and Gardner he must have at least another seasons worth in him before we start singling him out.
Agree with this opinion. While Ki is very average for a normal team, for Sunderland he is our best when compared to our other options in the Midfield. I do also realize he plays best with Cattermole and looks awkward with Bridcutt.

Im hoping this aswell to be fair..but..i cant really think offhand the last good game he had for us

Like i said he did carry us a few games but now when it really matters he gets subbed after 38 mins. It seems like a (dont want to be here) pisstake

Ki's lack of pace and commitment always annoyed me, and now I am sure that Ki is not even half of a player compared to what Ji Sung Park used to be.

The things that separates Ki and Park are devotion, commitment, work rate and will to fight. Ki's defensive abilities are quite shit, too.

Ki is slow like a snail and never work like Park did.

I've already given up hopes on Ki, and think he will end up a below average player.

Ki's mental and technical attributes are just not good enough to be a good midfielder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im hoping this aswell to be fair..but..i cant really think offhand the last good game he had for us

Like i said he did carry us a few games but now when it really matters he gets subbed after 38 mins. It seems like a (dont want to be here) pisstake
Thought he was our best player v palace and was decent in cup final.very good v mags too so don't think it's quite as drastic as people making out. Problem he has is that because he had a real hot streak a lot of expectation on him and when falls short questions get asked. I'm not saying he's xavi or iniesta but he's best I've seen us with for a long time.

Ki's lack of pace and commitment always annoyed me, and now I am sure that Ki is not even half of a player compared to what Ji Sung Park used to be.

The things that separates Ki and Park is devotion, commitment, work rate and will to fight. Ki's defensive abilities are quite shit, too.

Ki is slow like snail and never work like Park did.

I've already given up hopes on Ki, and think he will end up a below average player.

He's mental and technical attributes are just not good enough to be a good mid fielder.

:lol:

fuck off fried rice

Thought he was our best player v palace and was decent in cup final.very good v mags too so don't think it's quite as drastic as people making out. Problem he has is that because he had a real hot streak a lot of expectation on him and when falls short questions get asked. I'm not saying he's xavi or iniesta but he's best I've seen us with for a long time.

Totally agree but, he is on loan , we are desperate for a bit quality and yet he doesnt turn up

38 minutes into a relegation battle?

Head and shoulders above anything else in our midfield, people need to stop making rash evaluations and gain a bit of perspective.

Would love for him to be signed permanently

He can't play with Bridcutt..full stop!
I think he can. However, not the way Poyet is setting out his side right now.

Has Bridcutt crowded him out a bit? He used to seem at his best when he was given the ball fairly deep - so not under great pressure - and was then able to take the time to look around and to move the play on. Bridcutt seems to come up into that territory sometimes and take some of that space?
It's clear that other managers are figuring out how to break down Poyet's side with Bridcutt playing the deepest of the three midfielders. Newcastle were overwhelmed against the same tactical system. Now, you have Chris Houghton pinning Bridcutt back so deep, he was playing alongside/behind Brown/O'Shea for large parts of the first 30 minutes yesterday. Norwich had so many forwards pressing into space, and it was very similar to the way Southampton played against Sunderland. Ki and Colback were then cut from space, and Poyet decided to try 4-4-2 as Plan B.

I think there needs to be more width through another natural winger. Borini needs to play centrally. And Adam Johnson needs to start on the left for a few matches. Bridcutt should also be utilised in a more forward position with Cattermole to break up play and spread space around the pitch moving forward.

Just hammers a point we all know deep inside. We are a horrible team with horrible strikers, Midfielders and on the back. Only position we are good is our goalie. Having said that Ki is the least of our problems. He is the best of the worst.

Totally agree but, he is on loan , we are desperate for a bit quality and yet he doesnt turn up

38 minutes into a relegation battle?
Can't really say much more about him yest other than terrible and
hopefully going to be the exception rather than the norm over next ten games. To be honest I think we are doomed but ki will be at bottom of my blame list if and when that trap door opens!

There's a reason Swansea (only 3 pts above us) don't want him. I think we are seeing it now.

If you need strong characters for a relegation battle it is clear that South Koreans just don't cut it.

Cowardice from Ji and disinterest from Ki

Jesus Christ. Obviously 2 out of a population of over 50 million clearly shows that 'the South Koreans' aren't uo for a fight. FFS this boarf gets more ridiculous by the day.

Can't really say much more about him yest other than terrible and
hopefully going to be the exception rather than the norm over next ten games. To be honest I think we are doomed but ki will be at bottom of my blame list if and when that trap door opens!

Yeah its a squad effort and no single person can be blamed. Just expected more from him and he hasnt really showed the effort needed from a loanee.

38 mins and subbed man its a f***ing disgrace

If you need strong characters for a relegation battle it is clear that South Koreans just don't cut it.

Cowardice from Ji and disinterest from Ki
Our other S Korean showed similar fighting qualities.

People who live in glass houses...

Since you're keen on sweeping generalisations and accusations, what have English players done for Sunderland over the past decade? Drink driving. Boasts of having the best on-line Call of Duty team (Darren Bent being the ringleader). Relegation.

I don't like Ki, but I think it's unfair to single out Ki for losing against Norwich.

The team is shit anyway, the striker is shit, defence is shit, midfielders are shit, not even a world class midfielder can turn this team to winning team, and Ki is just an average player.

Relagation is now inevitable, and Ki can do nothing about it.

Let's face it, Sunderland is doomed and no one can change it.

I don't like Ki, but I think it's unfair to single out Ki for losing against Norwich.

The team is shit anyway, the striker is shit, defence is shit, midfielders are shit, not even a world class midfielder can turn this team to winning team, and Ki is just an average player.

Relagation is now inevitable, and Ki can do nothing about it.

Let's face it, Sunderland is doomed and no one can change it.

No1 is singling out Ki

Just asking why he has played shit for ages and gets subbed after 38 mins in a important game

Think about it

In one of your most important games of the season you dont actually even get to make the 2nd half?

Ki>Bridcutt>Cattermole>Colback>Larsson>Gardner in that order of the possible Midfielders in abilty and contribution. Least of our worries marra as we need to rebuild.

No1 is singling out Ki

Just asking why he has played shit for ages and gets subbed after 38 mins in a important game

Think about it

In one of your most important games of the season you dont actually even get to make the 2nd half?

Because he's shite like rest of the team, that's why.

You can't expect an average player to become your savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back