Played 19
Won 6
Drawn 9
Lost 4

I would say that is spectacular
The win that kept us up was gift wrapped

Last edited:
He took over in October.

Be did and we were not great. But to be fair, that's why he was brought in because prior, we all resigned ourselves to relegation and a Manager was sacked
I remember the defeat to Everton and he came out and said he needed that January window to bring his own players in

I stand by my view that had he have not left, he would have strengthened again and we would have become a top 10 outfit

Be did and we were not great. But to be fair, that's why he was brought in because prior, we all resigned ourselves to relegation and a Manager was sacked
I remember the defeat to Everton and he came out and said he needed that January window to bring his own players in

I stand by my view that had he have not left, he would have strengthened again and we would have become a top 10 outfit
I agree to a certain point regarding your last point. We'd be competitive

Not so sure about that mind. If he had stayed there was a big re-building job to do. Just to stand still he would have to replace Johnston, replace M'Vila (or buy him), new full back for Yedlin, get in cover for Kaboul and Kirchoff who were both injury prone and get in another decent quality striker to replace N'Doye who was shit. BSA did a good job but I don't think Short would have given him the funds for the job and he would have walked anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most damning thing about the whole debacle is the fact its 2018 and people still can't embed pics on an internet forum. Not happy me like.

One he got his own players in and got the team drilled he was excellent mind. I was very critical at first but the results he achieved with that team and how many points we collected was very good.

The key decision turned out to be not getting shot of Johnson.

I can’t wait till it all comes out what Moyes and Bain we’re doing when running the club. It was a disgrace I got banned October 2016 for posting they’d been given full access at the club. Understandable when they were destroying the club
How would a CEO and a manager NOT have ‘full access’ to the club???

Poyet got us to 16th without Defoe, Kone, Khazri, Kirschoff and a few others. Plus he had Altidore to deal with, and shite like Bridcutt, Buckley etc. Apart from the last few games Fatsham was shite, he almost relegated us. People go on like he was Arsene Wenger and we were a top 6 team.

our form towards the end of that season probably was top 6 tbf

Moyes was on the radio the other night talking about the start of the new Premier season. He was even depressing on that. Everyone pretty much agreed teams had shown ambition with their signings. He was "well wheel have ta see who it pans oot."

BSA did well, very well if you compare to the early part of the season and even into december, i like to think that had he stayed we would have had mvila as our player, kaboul would not have wanted to be away (which he did once moyes was appointed) which most likely would have meant kone carrying on as he had...those 3 players showing the form from the last 3 months of the season would have kept us up safely imho.

...but he never stayed and it all went to shit so no point dwelling on it or bigging him up, his real test would have been the following season.

You loved Poyet and Allardyce?
yeah they were really good managers for us. it fell apart fot poyet at the end and his summer dealings were pretty poor but he took us to Wembley and the last few months under allardyce we were class

I wish Grayson and Coleman well but I despise that utter twat David Moyes. Yes we were ran so poorly but he virtually ripped up Allardyce’a blueprint, tactically and medically and pretty much every single one of his signings were an unmitigated disaster. His post match interviews were sickening to watch. I get shudders just thinking about the man.

Didn't he ask Big Sam about certain players then brought in his journeyman mates.

Back