keyboard concern

C

Clean Bristow

on 2 devices at home if I need to correct a spelling and i click on backspace it does click back once but the keyboard then disappears.
Same if I press enter, the keyboard retracts.

on 2 devices at home if I need to correct a spelling and i click on backspace it does click back once but the keyboard then disappears.
Same if I press enter, the keyboard retracts.
Same problem here.

Return and back space disappear the board, annoying as fuck as I press one and continue typing and boot up an ad.

Galaxy S8

It looks like it has already been reported to Xenforo

Nothing has changed here, so I am guessing its something to do with the latest version of Chrome, but hopefully there will be either a fix for Chrome or a workaround from Xenforo forthcoming.

Same here.
Android, chrome. Recent new phone so suspected that but after reset no better but all my settings lost.

Resort to laptop and track pad has gone squiffy.

I must have done something really bad in a previous life.

Taken me 25 mins to type this.

Edit Tuesday morning @ 11.50.

Keyboard problem appears fixed. Still got occasional screen freezing but I can live with that.

However since my phone reset last night I now seem to have triggered a sort of auto word suggestion facility - but for some reason it's in Norwegian.

Last edited:
Same here.
Android, chrome. Recent new phone so suspected that but after reset no better but all my settings lost.

Resort to laptop and track pad has gone squiffy.

I must have done something really bad in a previous life.

Taken me 25 mins to type this.

Edit Tuesday morning @ 11.50.

Keyboard problem appears fixed. Still got occasional screen freezing but I can live with that.

However since my phone reset last night I now seem to have triggered a sort of auto word suggestion facility - but for some reason it's in Norwegian.
Still the same for me, return and back space causing disappearing.

Still the same for me, return and back space causing disappearing.

My phone's now ok. Jumping gone.

Samsung A51/chrome.

I'm no tech guru but you may want to try switching your phone off and on.

I wouldn't advise restoring to phone's default settings mind, unless you need help with your Norwegian.

Restarted and still no different. Samsung s8 and chrome, might try a different browser

Yes, it is affecting everyone with the latest release of Chrome. Other browsers aren't affected.

It would appear it happens with both Froala (the editor Xenforo and therefore we use) and also with TinyMCE which is the alternative editor used by some other forum software - Only with Chrome 85.0.4183.81 though - so anyone who hasn't upgraded to that DON'T!

Last edited:
Seemed to sort itself out this morning but now back to f***ing annoying again.
Android/chrome. No idea which version mind.

Last edited:
Seemed to sort itself out this morning but now back to f***ing annoying again.
Android/chrome. No idea which version mind.
I never realised how many times I type something then have to delete and retype it until now 😄From now on I'm just going to leave mistakes and just type a wall of text so I don't have to hit return.

..in laymans language - there is a bug in the latest version of Chrome Android Browser which hopefully will be fixed soon.

The latest comment as of now seems to suggest that this a hot fix is going to be brought into a subsequent Chrome 85 build which should hopefully be available next week.

In the meantime the only solution is to use another browser or else turn off the visual editing when you reply to a post (click on the gear icon in the reply/post box)

Back