Kevin Spacey

I hope he is innocent as I've always enjoyed his acting. I think the main problem I have with the video is that by going into character and acting out some sort of denial, it comes across at worst narcissistic and at best like he's not taking the charges that seriously. Either way it seems very misguided. However, I hope I'm wrong about that.

Its a free country, who gives a fuck what people think?

Thought it was nicely done and made an effective point.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
I know what you are saying, but with sexual assault cases the amount of false accusations is absolutely tiny and the amount who get away with it despite having actually done it is enormous. We shouldn’t presume his guilt nonetheless, but it will naturally be in the back of most people’s minds that the likelihood of guilt is pretty high.

It was very nicely done and well acted. Judging by the response, though, it doesn't seem to sit well with many people because of the seriousness of the charges. If it was for a parking ticket, everybody would get the joke and nobody would bat an eyelid.
I'll ask again, was I wrong earlier in saying that he made and released this video before the charges were brought?

It was very nicely done and well acted. Judging by the response, though, it doesn't seem to sit well with many people because of the seriousness of the charges. If it was for a parking ticket, everybody would get the joke and nobody would bat an eyelid.

fuck em, it doesnt sit well with people who have already decided he is guilty IMO, who cares what they think.

I'll ask again, was I wrong earlier in saying that he made and released this video before the charges were brought?
I got the impression from the blurb that went with the video that it was made fairly recently as he had been keeping a fairly low profile on social media. But I could be wrong about that.

I got the impression from the blurb that went with the video that it was made fairly recently as he had been keeping a fairly low profile on social media. But I could be wrong about that.
Yeah, my initial feeling was that he thought nothing concrete had come of it all, so he decided to go on the offensive. And then 2 hours later........

I never liked him as an actor, but dont like seeing anybody getting stitched up.
Same here. I was really shocked when these stories about him first started coming out. It seems the allegations have been around for awhile now. I'm not a huge fan but have enjoyed many of his films, especially LA Confidential.

I never liked him as an actor, but dont like seeing anybody getting stitched up.
He’s not really helping himself with this video, though, is he?

I’m a big fan of his acting. Watched Baby Driver again on Christmas Eve, classic movie. But someone should have told him to 1) not release a statement making an inherent link between his alleged sexual assault and his homosexuality, and 2) lay low for a while to prepare his case; if he is not guilty then he should be prepared to make that case with dignity and not weird videos.

He’s not really helping himself with this video, though, is he?

I’m a big fan of his acting. Watched Baby Driver again on Christmas Eve, classic movie. But someone should have told him to 1) not release a statement making an inherent link between his alleged sexual assault and his homosexuality, and 2) lay low for a while to prepare his case; if he is not guilty then he should be prepared to make that case with dignity and not weird videos.

free country, if he is innocent then he can do what he likes, its not a PR battle.

Same here. I was really shocked when these stories about him first started coming out. It seems the allegations have been around for awhile now. I'm not a huge fan but have enjoyed many of his films, especially LA Confidential.

When the publicity started to pick up about sexual misconduct in Hollywood, the stories about him preying on underage boys came out. His response was to say words to the effect that, well he can be a bit naughty when he's had a drink... He then proceeded to come out hoping to use the gay community as a human shield.

Lorraine seems to have come out with that after the sexual misconduct allegation.

Have you got a linky for the Stephen Dixon thing?

When the publicity started to pick up about sexual misconduct in Hollywood, the stories about him preying on underage boys came out. His response was to say words to the effect that, well he can be a bit naughty when he's had a drink... He then proceeded to come out hoping to use the gay community as a human shield.

Allegations, is the word you have omitted there.

Last edited:
I know what you are saying, but with sexual assault cases the amount of false accusations is absolutely tiny and the amount who get away with it despite having actually done it is enormous. .
Not doubting the stat, but how could they know that? Surely the only place that can determine whether someone is guilty or falsely accused Is in court and therefore, by definition, 100% are correctly proven innocent or guilty.

I'm trying to think back when this all started happening but I can't remember. I'm guessing a couple of years ago?

Back