BBC Kevin Phillips: Ex-Sunderland and England striker named South Shields boss

That is true. Big physical side that we don't do well against. Let's hope it doesn't matter this year but I expect Warrington to be in the top 3
A few teams giving it a go this season. I’m certain shields would have got up under Fenton in one of the curtailed seasons as they were clearly the best team in the league. Very unfortunate.

A few teams giving it a go this season. I’m certain shields would have got up under Fenton in one of the curtailed seasons as they were clearly the best team in the league. Very unfortunate.
100%. In the 19-20 season we were 12 points clear with 9 to play... Hopefully this is our year. Big game tomorrow night away to Racliffe who are doing alright.

Absolutely embarrassing if they don’t go up this year, considering they are the only pro team in the league and have spent vast sums of money

100%. In the 19-20 season we were 12 points clear with 9 to play... Hopefully this is our year. Big game tomorrow night away to Racliffe who are doing alright.
I was at the last game before the season got halted against fc United. Fantastic atmosphere. Pro leagues went to ppg whilst shields (and others in the pyramid) got properly shafted.
Absolutely embarrassing if they don’t go up this year, considering they are the only pro team in the league and have spent vast sums of money
Other teams in the league throwing some money about giving it a go this season though. Probably the most competitive league it’s been since shields went up. Some good ex league pros at other clubs as well.

Last edited:
I was at the last game before the season got halted against fc United. Fantastic atmosphere. Pro leagues went to ppg whilst shields (and others in the pyramid) got properly shafted.

Other teams in the league throwing some money about giving it a go this season though. Probably the most competitive league it’s been since shields went up. Some good ex league pros at other clubs as well.
Indeed - Connor Whickham is playing in this league.

I agree they were properly shafted due to Covid, but although other teams are throwing money about, the fact they are full time pros means a failure if they dont go up. There’s no excuses really.

Back