Kevin Ball

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

I was listening to the podcast with Lee Clark and both he and the interviewer seemed to be of the opinion that Kevin Ball has been a bit hard done by when he was caretaker manager of Sunderland.

I'm not saying when but would anybody welcome Bally back as full time manager one day?

Personally I couldn't think of anyone else I'd love to succeed as Safc manager. The guy is Mr Sunderland and if he was given a long contract ( not just a short time frame ) I believe he would be great. I remember Jordan Henderson speaking lots of positives about Bally when he coached him

Would do other fans think ...would they welcome the appointment if it happened one day or do they believe Bally's chance has been and gone??

I was listening to the podcast with Lee Clark and both he and the interviewer seemed to be of the opinion that Kevin Ball has been a bit hard done by when he was caretaker manager of Sunderland.

I'm not saying when but would anybody welcome Bally back as full time manager one day?

Personally I couldn't think of anyone else I'd love to succeed as Safc manager. The guy is Mr Sunderland and if he was given a long contract ( not just a short time frame ) I believe he would be great. I remember Jordan Henderson speaking lots of positives about Bally when he coached him

Would do other fans think ...would they welcome the appointment if it happened one day or do they believe Bally's chance has been and gone??

Too much in the old school Peter Reid mould. Soon as we started doing well and needed some higher talented players he’d struggle to mange them. I love Bally but would far rather him moulding and coaching the talent in the AOL.

Definitely should have been given in shot at it on a permanent basis in my view.

However no chance now, he's not even coaching anyone just an ambassador of the club these days.

Don't think he is tactically astute enough to be a long term success here.

Absolute legend and a great ambassador for the club. We are lucky to have him in that role, as he loves the club and area as much as anyone!

I love how just because Bally was a hard player, people assume he would be “old school” as a manager.
You know, he would just simply tell the lads to go out and kick the shit out of the opposition.
I mean he’s a numpty he wouldn’t have a clue about modern coaching methods.
No chance.

Ship has well sailed now, but on each occasion he was caretaker, in some pretty shitty situations, he came in and was more attack minded and positive than just about any manager we've had. Results obviously were mixed and I know some will never forget the 1-4 against the mags but we had an absolute shite side, finished with 19 points and we done well early on, but were always likely to get picked off by better sides when chasing the game. Overall that season he done a damn site better than McCarthy.

Long term he probably wouldn't have been that positive as managers never are, but realistically he might have done better than some managers as he'd have the crowd on his side and knows the fans like to see hardworking, positive sides.

Last edited:

Christ on a bike :rolleyes:

Back