Ketogenic

That's where I first heard of it as well :lol: The only issue is no beer - can only have 25g of carbs a day and a pint has 18g in. Unfortunately it's a massive part of our culture drinking. I'm only doing it for a few months like, until I go on holiday.
You losing much weight? I could do with losing a stone like.

That'll be water, low carb causes water loss, fat loss will happen as well like.

Yeah I'm 4/5 pounds lighter than I was before I started 4 days ago, but I figured most of that will be water. I have been drinking and pissing non-stop.
Also feel f***ing sore from the gym yesterday, much worse than normal.

Thinking of giving this a go like, only worry is being bunged up from that little amount of carbs everyday :/

Black coffee and 4 spoonfuls of MCT oil will sort that mate. Been doing Keto for 2 years on and off, just make sure you’re not eating too much protein, as it can knock some people out of Ketosis.

Black coffee and 4 spoonfuls of MCT oil will sort that mate. Been doing Keto for 2 years on and off, just make sure you’re not eating too much protein, as it can knock some people out of Ketosis.
Cheers mate. Aye I’ve been doing a canny bit of research on it and I usually count my macros anyway so should be fine sticking to 25%.

Having one last blow out before I fully commit from tomorrow so it’s dominos and Ben and Jerry’s for tea :lol:

Cheers mate. Aye I’ve been doing a canny bit of research on it and I usually count my macros anyway so should be fine sticking to 25%.

Having one last blow out before I fully commit from tomorrow so it’s dominos and Ben and Jerry’s for tea :lol:

Good stuff mate. Personally, stay away from the Keto friendly sweets etc, unless you have to. If you regularly eat stuff like that, I find you break the diet. That’s just me anyways.

Good stuff mate. Personally, stay away from the Keto friendly sweets etc, unless you have to. If you regularly eat stuff like that, I find you break the diet. That’s just me anyways.
Will do mate, I’m quite good at sticking to stuff been training and eating well on and off for around 5 years now. Do you lift? Or more of a cardio man? Or just using it to lose weight? Just wondering what it’s like for body building, I’ve built up a canny bit of muscle over the last 2 years just wondering what’s it’s going to be like going into this diet.

Will do mate, I’m quite good at sticking to stuff been training and eating well on and off for around 5 years now. Do you lift? Or more of a cardio man? Or just using it to lose weight? Just wondering what it’s like for body building, I’ve built up a canny bit of muscle over the last 2 years just wondering what’s it’s going to be like going into this diet.

I lift 4 times a week and do sprints etc for cardio, just to keep fit etc. I don’t think you’ll lose any muscle mass, I know a lad who competes in MMA and he made the transition for weight cuts and said he kept muscle mass, but got more shredded. He said he kept his strength too. You’ll probably find you’ll lose about 8-10 pounds (water weight) in three weeks just by cutting carbs out. It’s not an easy diet, but I bought a book and got a bit more creative with it.

These fad diets are bizarre imo. Just eat less calories. It’s not that complicated.
I agree with pip.

The Shocking Truth About the Ketogenic Diet (Hint: It's NOT Healthy)

The most foundational thing in nutrition is quality. And it is this simple: eat things that spoil. Real food always wins, no matter what. It doesn’t matter what type of energy system your body is running on, you should be eating real food.

Food quality is always more important than food quantity.

I agree with pip.

The Shocking Truth About the Ketogenic Diet (Hint: It's NOT Healthy)

The most foundational thing in nutrition is quality. And it is this simple: eat things that spoil. Real food always wins, no matter what. It doesn’t matter what type of energy system your body is running on, you should be eating real food.

Food quality is always more important than food quantity.
Seems that article says it’s only not healthy if you take the naive approach of just eating loads of bad fats and processed shit with strange ingredients in. I can see how keto would be healthy for you if you stuck to the true way of doing it by eating food which is organic and processed as little as possible and eating good fats rather than shovelling in more and more bad fats to make the calories up.

Seems that article says it’s only not healthy if you take the naive approach of just eating loads of bad fats and processed shit with strange ingredients in. I can see how keto would be healthy for you if you stuck to the true way of doing it by eating food which is organic and processed as little as possible and eating good fats rather than shovelling in more and more bad fats to make the calories up.
Fairy nuff. Have there been any long term studies? It was originally designed to treat kids with epilepsy?

Only just started looking into it myself the last 10 days or so. I think on top of looking around for studies the best thing I can do is just try it myself, I’ve bulked then cruised for ages and started cutting these last few weeks so I was thinking of just trying it out myself for maybe 12 weeks to see how it goes.

Eat less calories than you burn to lose bodyfat. Keto is pointless unless you have a medical condition or a reason to give up carbs etc.

Back