Ketogenic

xmfd

Winger
Anyone tried this before? Im onto day 3 and enjoying it to be honest. Loads of red meat and cheese etc what's not to like?

Anyone tried this before? Im onto day 3 and enjoying it to be honest. Loads of red meat and cheese etc what's not to like?

Yep, Done it for a few month. Felt like I was going to die for the first week or two (Keto flu) but after that the amount of energy I had was unbelievable, dropped a lot of fat as well. Get ready for your breath to f***ing stink tbought.

Yep, Done it for a few month. Felt like I was going to die for the first week or two (Keto flu) but after that the amount of energy I had was unbelievable, dropped a lot of fat as well. Get ready for your breath to f***ing stink tbought.
Anywhere its written up and easy to follow?

Anywhere its written up and easy to follow?

What is the Ketogenic Diet? A Comprehensive Beginner's Guide

This is a decent page that explains the basics. Essentially you just want to avoid carbs/sugars completely, and eat loads of fat. Heavy cream, cheese, butter, bacon, avocados, nuts, meat, etc. You need to eat protein as well. Your liver starts producing ketones that your muscles burn for energy instead of glucose/insulin. It uses fat from diet and your fat stores to do this which is good for weight (fat) loss.

Only issue is that it can take a while of feeling shite before your body adapts. I feel knackered from excercise on day 4. And I'm running the Sunderland half marathon next weekend :lol:

What is the Ketogenic Diet? A Comprehensive Beginner's Guide

This is a decent page that explains the basics. Essentially you just want to avoid carbs/sugars completely, and eat loads of fat. Heavy cream, cheese, butter, bacon, avocados, nuts, meat, etc. You need to eat protein as well. Your liver starts producing ketones that your muscles burn for energy instead of glucose/insulin. It uses fat from diet and your fat stores to do this which is good for weight (fat) loss.

Only issue is that it can take a while of feeling shite before your body adapts. I feel knackered from excercise on day 4. And I'm running the Sunderland half marathon next weekend :lol:
Is that sustainable? Surely it's got to bebad for your body, right?

Is that sustainable? Surely it's got to bebad for your body, right?

I'm just starting out so not an expert, but there's increasing evidence that it's actually good for you. Reduces blood pressure, risk of heart disease, etc.

I'm just starting out so not an expert, but there's increasing evidence that it's actually good for you. Reduces blood pressure, risk of heart disease, etc.
I suppose its because the majority of our sugar and carb intake is from processed foods that are bad for us. I remember watching this documentary (can'tremember its name now) where it revealed to me for the first time that sugar was in bread. I was like wtf... its literally in everything....and causes cancer.

I've done it before just to see how my body reacted to it, can't complain it worked pretty well, obviously if you eat 3000 calories and your burning 2700 you'll still gain weight, but it has its place and certainly helped me lose a few pounds without losing any stregth.

I suppose its because the majority of our sugar and carb intake is from processed foods that are bad for us. I remember watching this documentary (can'tremember its name now) where it revealed to me for the first time that sugar was in bread. I was like wtf... its literally in everything....and causes cancer.

There's a good keto documentary on Netflix called "The Magic Pill". Obviously it's American and over-dramatised (it can cure cancer, autism, etc) but worth a watch.

It has been shown to fix diabetes I think like.

There's a good keto documentary on Netflix called "The Magic Pill". Obviously it's American and over-dramatised (it can cure cancer, autism, etc) but worth a watch.

It has been shown to fix diabetes I think like.
Keep on posting stuff. I've heard loads about it on JRE podcast but never thought about giving it a go till now.

Keep on posting stuff. I've heard loads about it on JRE podcast but never thought about giving it a go till now.

That's where I first heard of it as well :lol: The only issue is no beer - can only have 25g of carbs a day and a pint has 18g in. Unfortunately it's a massive part of our culture drinking. I'm only doing it for a few months like, until I go on holiday.

Back