Keto Diet (recipes)

CrosbyFTM

Winger
I've just recently started a keto diet and its going very well so far. I've lost 6kg in 2 weeks! I know most of its water but its feels good to say.

I was just wondering if anybody had any simple Keto recipes they would be willing to share that they have found or come up with to stop me getting bored of eating the same stuff all the time.

Thanks in advance :)

Tuesday night is burger night so in deference to Keto I have perfected the Keto burger:

I used Lamb burgers with apple and onion in with no husk or flour to bind them from Pipers Farm
Iceberg Lettuce to wrap around instead of bread
I put the lettuce leaf down, then a slice of jarlsberg, then a smidge of burger sauce
burger with slice of rubbish burger cheese on top that was put on top in the griddle pan to melt it a bit
mushrooms and onions I turned in the pan while the burgers were cooking on top
then you just fold the lettuce over and eat it

lush

gong to try coconut prawns this week I think too, going to use a mixture of psyllium husk, coconut and almond flour with onion powder to dip the prawns in, then dip them in egg, then dip them in dessicated coconut and turn them in coconut oil

Keep it simple.
I usually have an ommelette most days for lunch. Ham/ cheese / Sp onion. (Anything really. Or make a crustless quiche (sliced corn beef for crust.)

Tea - protien (steak/chicken/fish) with veg (cauli, broccolli, sprouts, cabbage) cook veg then fry in steak pan with butter.

Keeping it simple makes it easier. Just rotate the protien so don't get bored or sick of it. Had bacon chop, mushrooms, eggs and grilled toms for main meal today.

Are you intermittent fasting? 16/8 mainly for me. Have you set your macros?

Keep it simple.
I usually have an ommelette most days for lunch. Ham/ cheese / Sp onion. (Anything really. Or make a crustless quiche (sliced corn beef for crust.)

Tea - protien (steak/chicken/fish) with veg (cauli, broccolli, sprouts, cabbage) cook veg then fry in steak pan with butter.

Keeping it simple makes it easier. Just rotate the protien so don't get bored or sick of it. Had bacon chop, mushrooms, eggs and grilled toms for main meal today.

Are you intermittent fasting? 16/8 mainly for me. Have you set your macros?
macros shmackros
I like to eat lovely fresh crunchy and tasty food

if I cut out carbs almost entirely in theory it works out good

I'm not doing this to lose weight, although that does give me measurable targets and keeps me focused, I'm doing it to deal with the cancer that gallops through my family and because it makes me feel loads better

I do love an omelette, chicken escalope and loads of fresh greens

loads of cheese and cauliflower mash with various roasts or on a shepherd's pie

macros shmackros
I like to eat lovely fresh crunchy and tasty food

if I cut out carbs almost entirely in theory it works out good

I'm not doing this to lose weight, although that does give me measurable targets and keeps me focused, I'm doing it to deal with the cancer that gallops through my family and because it makes me feel loads better

I do love an omelette, chicken escalope and loads of fresh greens

loads of cheese and cauliflower mash with various roasts or on a shepherd's pie
Macros will keep your protien on track.
A deficiency could lead to muscle wastage and hairloss.
Excess can knock you out of ketosis.

Last edited:
Macros will keep your protien on track.
A deficiency could lead to muscle wastage and hairloss.
Excess can knock you out of ketosis.
I'm having well enough protein, lots of eggs, cheese, meat and nuts

I'm kind of doing 16/8 too but if anything is going to go the way of being nawty it's that

I'm having well enough protein, lots of eggs, cheese, meat and nuts

I'm kind of doing 16/8 too but if anything is going to go the way of being nawty it's that
I find the 16/8 dead easy. I think once you adapt you stop snacking or even craving anything sweet. I think it's when the blood sugars level stops the cravings.

I find the 16/8 dead easy. I think once you adapt you stop snacking or even craving anything sweet. I think it's when the blood sugars level stops the cravings.
yep but you don't get periods, so if I'm going to have a binge I'll just make sure it is Keto but it doesn't happen that often

Back