Keswick Beer Festival - anyone been before?

Heading over for the first time next Friday and attending the Keswick Beer Festival on Saturday, anyone been before any good bands on or mainly covers etc? The beer list looks impressive!

aye its a belter, especially if the weather is good. was class last year. its a canny size tent and it was bouncing for the last band. beer and people flying all over.

Heading over for the first time next Friday and attending the Keswick Beer Festival on Saturday, anyone been before any good bands on or mainly covers etc? The beer list looks impressive!

Yeh I went a few year ago for the 20th anniversary of it, the weather was spot on which makes it ten times better.

That was my first time at the beer festival (I go to keswick alot) but I looked like a novice. Take a camping chair or you will end up on the grass, people who had done it before had the whole shabang, chair, table etc. They even got a Chinese takeout from the one on the main Street!

I'm going again next week but only for the Friday as couldn't get my accommodation for the sat sorted in time.

It's really good, I know it's a beer festival but I'm a cider drinker and they have about 20/30 of those aswell so plenty to try.

Hope it helps.

Good advice. Take a little blanket to sit on, although the grass is canny nice. Theres hardly any chairs and tables from what i remember. The cider selection is lethal

The Understudies – Friday Headline Band
Four Gadgies from South Shields playing a load of tunes you don’t usually hear in pubs, with the kind of infectious energy and enthusiasm which has gained excellent reviews. The band play a mix of Rock, Indie, Punk and new wave which hopes to find that elusive combination of songs you don’t hear but that you know and love.

Loads of proper mint songs by such bands and artists as…….Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles, Steely Dan, The Police, David Bowie, The Who, ELO, The Faces, Wings, Talking Heads, Prince, The Jam, and a few more. Mint!

Yes

The Moobs – Saturday Headline Band
The mOObs are a 6 piece cover band, playing in packed pubs and clubs, and playing the kind of music you want to hear. Covering the best tracks from today’s charts, such as The Killers, Kings of Leon and Snow Patrol

No

Went a couple of years ago. Wasn't bad, beers mainly Cumbrian breweries but ciders were good. Bands were ok, nowt to shout about. The moobs may have been on the Saturday closing then if so they were a bit shit.

I’ve been about 6 times since 2002ish but my mate who organises our group to get there stopped going because they kepy putting the ticket prices up to pay for the bands. He preferred it when it was a big tent full of beer and a field to sit in.

Went a few years back, it’s quality, decent set up and massive varied selection of beers and ciders. Few mates going again this year but I couldn’t get the time off work, gutted. You will enjoy it!

Back