Kentucky school shooting

It’s not even shocking news anymore unfortunately, In fact it’s now at the point that when the death toll is only in single digits you actually think “ah it’s not too bad of a massacre this time then.” Mental.

I cant understand why people get their knickers in a twist over this. they are a democratic society and its their business how they choose to live. Clearly, regular slaughterings are a price they are prepared to pay. the middle east has even more baffling social characteristics that the people are much less able to change, generally. Because the US are relatively culturally close to us, Europeans have this tedious habit of measuring them by our ways and standards. The muslim countries are just left to get on with being backward across the board.

yes. the NRA are rich and influential, but so are plenty of anti gun folk too. if the majority truly wanted meaningful change it would happen.

I cant understand why people get their knickers in a twist over this. they are a democratic society and its their business how they choose to live. Clearly, regular slaughterings are a price they are prepared to pay. the middle east has even more baffling social characteristics that the people are much less able to change, generally. Because the US are relatively culturally close to us, Europeans have this tedious habit of measuring them by our ways and standards. The muslim countries are just left to get on with being backward across the board.

yes. the NRA are rich and influential, but so are plenty of anti gun folk too. if the majority truly wanted meaningful change it would happen.

Wow, it must take a lot of effort to make an argument that's wrong in every detail

Id ask you to explain, but you are so entrenched in your own righteousness that debate is futile.

I would suggest that the reason debate is futile is that the things you've got wrong have been discussed at least a hundred times before and you're still ignoring them. What are the chances of it being worth going back to the beginning and going through it again for lap number 101?

I would suggest that the reason debate is futile is that the things you've got wrong have been discussed at least a hundred times before and you're still ignoring them. What are the chances of it being worth going back to the beginning and going through it again for lap number 101?

of course, you were bang on those hundred times. lets not waste your time again.

Americas love of the gun and is historical, deep and complex, I understand that. Their politicians (either Republican or Democrate) can change this and introduce tougher gun ownership laws without outright banning. However when you know their arms trade is one of the biggest employers and how much political sway the pro-gun lobby holds holds you can see why no one will really address the problem. The politicians are painted into a corner and slaughter like this will continue as long as anyone with a grudge can go to walmart and arm themself to the teeth.

Do you mind me asking if she is an American?
Yep, brought up around guns (as were most people), in TX.

Americas love of the gun and is historical, deep and complex, I understand that. Their politicians (either Republican or Democrate) can change this and introduce tougher gun ownership laws without outright banning. However when you know their arms trade is one of the biggest employers and how much political sway the pro-gun lobby holds holds you can see why no one will really address the problem. The politicians are painted into a corner and slaughter like this will continue as long as anyone with a grudge can go to walmart and arm themself to the teeth.
You're partially right. Politicians aren't really in a corner - it's entrenched at just about every level.

You can buy guns at Walmart - even my local store has a gun section - but there are checks in place. When you buy a gun from there (and all other gun stores) there's a bullet kept for reference so guns used in crimes can be traced back to their owner.

The problem is gun shows. Most people buy their guns at these massive shows - and they aren't required to perform any checks. The anti gun lobby, and most sensible people, want this changed. That's where the NRA etc, are pushing hard and it's almost certain it won't happen.

Last edited:

Back