Kentucky school shooting

At what point do they say "this is enough"?

Also what constitutes a legal firearm in the good old US of A? If I can mount a nuke onto a rifle can I keep it in my house? Their idea of a weapon for self defence is mental; people wandering about like Rambo on his day off.
If I lived in America I'd have a gun, too many guns about not to.

Needs to be more control over who has access to weapons in the states, seems too easy for simpletons to get their hand s on them. Having said that anyone determined to be a bellend will get around this, you just have to look at the carnage they have in Sweden at the moment.

That country will self implode some day. The biggest threat to American security, is American citizens. The fact that people with mental issues can access high powered assault rifles, with little to no vetting is unbelievable.

That country will self implode some day. The biggest threat to American security, is American citizens. The fact that people with mental issues can access high powered assault rifles, with little to no vetting is unbelievable.
Doubt it, any organised uprising would just get put down. All the guns in the world won't do much good when you bring them to a drone fight.

For real change to happen they would need to scrap the constitution and write a new one. I don't think that would be a bad thing to happen, I just can't see it though.

Not sure if this is a whoosh but I have lived in the USA for 20 years. I don't own a gun, nor do my friends or any people I know. The only ones I have seen have been on a police officer's belt. Why would you think you need one?
It was a bit of a whoosh marra.

If i chose to have one it wouldn't be for protection, I wouldn't want to live somewhere that I felt I needed a gun to be safe. If it was in a more liberal urban area I can't see the need. If it was more rural where hunting was more sociable I could see myself having one.

Last edited:
At what point do they say "this is enough"?

Also what constitutes a legal firearm in the good old US of A? If I can mount a nuke onto a rifle can I keep it in my house? Their idea of a weapon for self defence is mental; people wandering about like Rambo on his day off.
Does make you wonder?
Everyone talks about how wonderful other countries are and there are parts of Britain I would not want to live(London eighty dead from stabbings in a year) but here in the north east ( tho not perfect) it is canny without many of the problems some places have..still is a sense of community in many areas, and for me I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.Really is terrible how kids are constantly being killed with their whole lives ahead of them....those in charge should hang their heads that this continues to happen....loads of guns up here with farmers nee problem

Not sure if this is a whoosh but I have lived in the USA for 20 years. I don't own a gun, nor do my friends or any people I know. The only ones I have seen have been on a police officer's belt. Why would you think you need one?

Same. Although I used to live in Swindon so there's not much competition.

Does make you wonder?
Everyone talks about how wonderful other countries are and there are parts of Britain I would not want to live(London eighty dead from stabbings in a year) but here in the north east ( tho not perfect) it is canny without many of the problems some places have..still is a sense of community in many areas, and for me I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.Really is terrible how kids are constantly being killed with their whole lives ahead of them....those in charge should hang their heads that this continues to happen....loads of guns up here with farmers nee problem
In 2017 there were 80 deaths from stabbings
London's population is 8.788 million that's a crude rate of 0.91 per 100k.

"From wiki page for US gun violence:
In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 U.S. citizens),and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 U.S. citizens).[4] These deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides,[5] 21,175 suicides,[4] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".[4] "

Only about a third of gun deaths were homicides, it still gives them a mortality rate for gun deaths that's over three times higher than our stabby capital during a stabby year.

In 2017 there were 80 deaths from stabbings
London's population is 8.788 million that's a crude rate of 0.91 per 100k.

"From wiki page for US gun violence:
In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 U.S. citizens),and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 U.S. citizens).[4] These deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides,[5] 21,175 suicides,[4] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".[4] "

Only about a third of gun deaths were homicides, it still gives them a mortality rate for gun deaths that's over three times higher than our stabby capital during a stabby year.
Like I said we r lucky where we live

Back