Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Even though you know something's wrong you keep going on in the hope that light will appear at the end of the tunnel so to speak, until you get so deep into a psychological rut that one day you just break and nothing makes sense or seems worthwhile anymore. That's the problem with getting mental health help in this country - you can feel yourself sliding and getting dragged deeper but nobody takes you really seriously until it's too late and you break. The only way to change this attitude and help people to help themselves and others is to teach mental wellbeing from school age.

And when you do try to get help it ends up causing more problems than you had to begin with, speaking from personal experience.

Problem for blokes these days is that if they are not earning good money, driving a flash car and good with the ladies they are perceived as a failure. No wonder so many top themselves, although obviously this wouldn't apply to Keith Flint.

Problem for blokes these days is that if they are not earning good money, driving a flash car and good with the ladies they are perceived as a failure. No wonder so many top themselves, although obviously this wouldn't apply to Keith Flint.
If you surround yourself with vacuous materialistic people then that may be the case.

I have a steady job, 9 year old car, 2.5 kids but my measures of success/failure must be different to other people’s.

I try to provide for my family, be a decent partner, perform to the best of my ability at work.

I don’t compare my life to anyone else’s.

If you surround yourself with vacuous materialistic people then that may be the case.

I have a steady job, 9 year old car, 2.5 kids but my measures of success/failure must be different to other people’s.

I try to provide for my family, be a decent partner, perform to the best of my ability at work.

I don’t compare my life to anyone else’s.

Did the 3rd one get stuck on the way out?

I've been asked to put together a group of people to sing at his funeral.... I'm a choir starter!

Who by, out of interest?

Last edited:
I think the fact his wife left him and wouldn't reconcile had a major effect on the poor bloke tbh (this meant he had to put his house up for sale anarl)
It's been said he split up with his wife ages ago and had actually been seeing a lass for 2 years but they'd split recently due to him going on tours.

The Prodigy's Keith Flint was in a 'serious relationship' with secret girlfriend Faye Kelbie for two years before his death

It is thought to have ended weeks ago but they were said to have been in touch just days before his apparent suicide.

The pair met through friends in their village in Essex and one pal said last night: “Faye is absolutely devastated. For over two years, Keith was a huge part of her life and she adored him.

“They split up because she struggled with the amount of time he was touring.

“Faye just wishes she had known the extent of his unhappiness and mental health issues — she would have done all she could to help. But the feeling is that Keith made his mind up to end things weeks ago.”

Back