Keith Curle

I'm embarrassing myself 🤣 you're a Mag on a Sunderland message board you absolute f***ing turkey

And yet here I am, still running rings around you :lol:

Although I shouldn’t pat myself on the back too much, you can’t even lay a glove on me.

The ‘mag on a messageboard’ response :lol:. I expect your next post will mention delusion. You’re that predictable.

Last edited:
There is clearly a distinct lack of black managers compared to the number of black players (as most managers these days are ex-pros).

So there is an issue - is that issue because black players don’t wish to become managers? (unlikely)... Or is it because they are somehow restricted in doing so? (If so, why and how?)

There’s clearly something and that is worthy of a proper investigation to find out. Ignoring it, burying your head in the sand and pretending there isn’t a problem is just daft.

There is clearly a distinct lack of black managers compared to the number of black players (as most managers these days are ex-pros).

So there is an issue - is that issue because black players don’t wish to become managers? (unlikely)... Or is it because they are somehow restricted in doing so? (If so, why and how?)

There’s clearly something and that is worthy of a proper investigation to find out. Ignoring it, burying your head in the sand and pretending there isn’t a problem is just daft.
I think you are right mate. A lot of black lads just want to stay in the background.
On the other hand the FA is still an old boys club that needs disbanding.
I'd love to see more black lads doing well in management. I thought Darren Moore got a rough deal at WBA.

I honestly can’t believe that black men are being restricted in becoming managers in the game due to their skin colour. Chairmen and owners are happy enough to employ them as players but they’re unwilling to employ them as managers? Doesn’t make sense. I think it’s more likely that there’s less black players wishing to become managers, would be interesting to see figures for ex-players doing their coaching badges by race.

Problem is how do you appoint someone on merit if the chairman is racist?

There needs to be a standardised process where chairmen are forced to document why a manager was appointed.

Then managers can challenge if they believe race was why they weren't appointed.

Bullshit. A chairman should have the right to appoint who he choses without having to interview several people. Whether he’s a racist twat or not. This doesn’t help the strive for equality in the slightest. It’s a token gesture to appease the lefty’s.

I'd like to see the FA/Clubs publish a list showing applicants ethnicity for the last manager vacancy for each club. A percentage of BAME applicants would be very useful to see if clubs are ignoring talent of it BAME applicants arent applying. We'd then know the issue and be able to put steps in place to reslove it. Its so simple i'm sure someones thought of it but maybe not publicised?

Back