Keith Charlton

Keith’s family would like everyone to know that they will be celebrating Keith’s life on Tuesday 11th December at Sunderland Crem 11.30am.
Details of what is happening afterwards will follow.

Sp- Arrangements

Quite fitting a match day too

Unfortunately I can't make it but I'll have a skinful for Keith

@BoldonBranch: After Keith’s service on Tuesday at Sunderland Crem his family welcome all of his friends to the stadiums Black Cats bar. To celebrate his love for Sunderland people are invited to wear Sunderland tops/ scarfs. please share so everyone knows arrangements

Yeah I think me and him must have just jumped in a taxi cos we lived the other way :)
I only met him once, on a dole course few years ago. Spent 2 weeks with him. Lovely lad, wouldn't say boo to a goose. Every 2nd word out of his gob was about SAFC. Mind, I tried to get a lift home off him one day and he was having none of it. :lol:

When I saw the name Keith Charlton on here I didn't realise it was him til I started looking at pictures on RR. He mentioned he'd done some work for the club but I didn't know he'd been involved with supporter branches and charities. Still can't believe he's gone like. Nee age at all.

Again, RIP Keith lad. You'll be remembered fondly by many.

One of the Gateshead lads reminded me of another story about Keith.

We were on the train down to London the day before the League Cup Final in 2014.

Our carriage was quite empty, and at the other end there was a butcher from Sunderland travelling down for the final also. He had kindly made a load of pork sarnies with stuffing and pease pudding and was coming through the carriage with them.

Of course Keith grabbed one, but anyone who knew him will remember how picky he was with his food, so he opened up the sarnie and picked out the pork and ate that and left the rest.

We were giving him some light-hearted grief saying it was terrible that the butcher was kind enough to make food for everyone and he had left most of it.

So, to teach him a lesson we kept the sarnie without him knowing and put it in front of him in the pub when we got to London when he wasn't looking.

This cracked him up but us being us, that wasn't the end of it.

Basically, we kept taking that sarnie all over the place for the rest of that season, keeping it in the freezer between away games and putting it in front of him in the pub. He kept chucking it away and in bins everywhere we went, but we kept rescuing it.

I'm sure it made an appearance at pre-season in the July :lol::lol::lol:

That's the thing with Keith, we have so many daft memories like this.

Truly great times...

We were on the train down to London the day before the League Cup Final in 2014.

Our carriage was quite empty, and at the other end there was a butcher from Sunderland travelling down for the final also. He had kindly made a load of pork sarnies with stuffing and pease pudding and was coming through the carriage with them.

Of course Keith grabbed one, but anyone who knew him will remember how picky he was with his food, so he opened up the sarnie and picked out the pork and ate that and left the rest.

We were giving him some light-hearted grief saying it was terrible that the butcher was kind enough to make food for everyone and he had left most of it.

So, to teach him a lesson we kept the sarnie without him knowing and put it in front of him in the pub when we got to London when he wasn't looking.

Basically, we kept taking that sarnie all over the place for the rest of that season, keeping it in the freezer between away games and putting it in front of him in the pub. He kept chucking it away and in bins everywhere we went, but we kept rescuing it.

Truly great times...
haha I had totally forgot about that. Remember him going to the toilet and coming back and the 6 month old sarnie be in front of him.

Truly great times...

Quality.

HaHa a should have drove off with him still in.

Truly great times...

Wor lass wasn't happy about it being in the freezer like HaHa

Back