Keith Charlton

Recognised the lads face, sure he used to put our bets on for us st Roker Park when we were 15/16.

What a shit of a disease that is, Muscular Dystrophy UK if interested

Spotted him at every away game I've been to.

Was he connected to the Feyenoord Mackems? Would see him from time to time with a lad that brings a Feyenoord Mackems flag to games (the lad with the walking stick).

Know the feeling well....there's a Gatesheed lad I see occasionally at games and for the most part I can't understand a fcuking word he says....I usually just nod and agree with what he says:lol:
Well that's what I told him just to nod and agree but he kept getting more pissed off :lol:
He's not the smartest this lad and blamed Keith for his accent so Keith kept winding him up :lol::lol:

Best or worst of Keith story was the Bristol airport incident

He was refused by airport staff to be allowed on the plane cause they thought he was pissed

Niall Quinn who I think was on the same flight paid for the lads taxi fare home

I remember some year ago being at the home shirt strip lauch at the SOL with my son and it took over two hours before the strips were ready got talking to Keith in the shop and he said he already had the shirt and shorts given to him by a player on the close season tour and he was there all that time to buy and pair of socks!

Bless him top man.

I remember some year ago being at the home shirt strip lauch at the SOL with my son and it took over two hours before the strips were ready got talking to Keith in the shop and he said he already had the shirt and shorts given to him by a player on the close season tour and he was there all that time to buy and pair of socks!

Bless him top man.

Broke my bloody heart today deleting his telephone number

That's when it really hits home

You remember when he dyed his hair blonde :lol:
Haha I do remember seeing him with blonde hair now that you’ve reminded me :lol:

Not that I used SAFCSA coaches very much I used to dread it when he was in the shop when I was making a booking because he’d always insist I paid for member or show a membership card :lol:

Had he been ill lately or was it down to the condition he had?

Haha I do remember seeing him with blonde hair now that you’ve reminded me :lol:

Not that I used SAFCSA coaches very much I used to dread it when he was in the shop when I was making a booking because he’d always insist I paid for member or show a membership card :lol:

Had he been ill lately or was it down to the condition he had?

Not that I kna of like I say last travelled with him v Shrewsbury but saw him at Port Vale

Of all the deaths I've encountered this month this one has really floored me

His mam rang me just before kick off the other night to let me know.

Still can't believe I'll never see him again.

I remember his 40th down Southampton.

We were all quite pissed and ended up in some nice residential pub with a lovely open fire. It was Keith's round and when he asked at the bar the young lad said he wouldn't serve us as we were too drunk.

Quick as a flash Keith slapped his medical card on the bar and said he had a condition which affected his speech (myotonic dystrophy).

The poor lad was nearly in tears as he kept apologising while pouring our pints. Of course we were actually very pissed.

Keith later fell over in the chip shop :lol:

RIP, mate.

Bless him top man.
Haha that’s Keith all over.

It’s nice to read that pretty much everyone recognised him at games despite not knowing him.

Sad news that, one of those faces that you recognise from away games over the years. RIP
Cracking Lad - remember I got a VAUX sew on with the white background as Silverscreen did them. I gave him it and he wore it with pride around Roker Park I think he went straight gone to get it put on.

That image of Keith and Migs in his Cowies made me laugh. Why is it that the good ones die so early.

RIP and keep a good supply of pens!

Back