Keith Charlton

The name I didn't recognise, but the minute I saw his picture I instantly new who he was.

One of the "faces" you'd see at every away game wherever the lads were playing. Sat behind me at the Hartlepool friendly this summer in a thick jacket, brought a smile to my face anyway in that blistering heat that day.

Noticed him at Walsall Saturday.

45 no age to go.

RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is with great sadness that I have to report Keith's passing yesterday.
As all who knew him, he was a MLF and travelled the World to watch his heroes in Red n White.

May you Rest in Peace my Good Friend and there's plenty at the Club that will miss you.

I dedicated last night's Win to you mate.

Oh no , me and Keith did a Sunderland university course together back in the day. We've lost a goodun there. :cry: Sincere condolences to his family.

Knew him from regular trips on the boldon branch bus back in its heyday, and last saw him when he came over to Toronto for the pre season game in 2015 with a few other boldon lads. He really lived for the club. Such sad news.

Gutted. Known him since we were kids. Lovely lad. Used to play footy with him on the wastey (proper jumpers for goal posts) then as we got older went to all of the away matches together on the travel club. He was 45. RIP Keith.
'The wastey' that's a blast from the past, remember playing footy there now and again, Keith was always there.. RIP lad!

Travelled all owa with Keith
Calais
Germany
Amsterdam
Last trip with him was Shrewsbury be told us then he was dying mind we though he was joking

When Brian his marra told us at the match on Tuesday he'd died I was totally floored

I've lost 3mates this November went and had a right skinful yesterday for Keith

Rip marra

He only put a picture of his ticket for Walsall away on Facebook the other day :cry:

Spoken to him many a time over the years. He sat with us in the shack a good few times. Lovely fella. RIP Keith lad

The name I didn't recognise, but the minute I saw his picture I instantly new who he was.

One of the "faces" you'd see at every away game wherever the lads were playing. Sat behind me at the Hartlepool friendly this summer in a thick jacket, brought a smile to my face anyway in that blistering heat that day.

Noticed him at Walsall Saturday.

45 no age to go.

RIP.
Was with him at arsenal away couple of years back. Took another mate of mine. The poor lad had never met someone from the north east before and was getting increasingly annoyed with Keith because he couldn't understand his accent
Tbf the poor lad was confused all night :lol::lol::lol:

Was a loyal fan, absolutely loved the lads

Keith Charlton, what can I say? A lovely lovely lad, a harmless and sensitive person, friendly, passionate and a true supporter....probably one of the best fans of our club I have ever had the pleasure to meet and travel with. Been to many places with this fella and and quite honestly say he would do anything and go anywhere to be with his beloved team and his ‘loony bunch of friends’ who always would look after him.
RIP Keith, the ‘Hats’ will miss you mate, sincere condolences to his family. A sad loss to our Sunderland Football Club family.

Was with him at arsenal away couple of years back. Took another mate of mine. The poor lad had never met someone from the north east before and was getting increasingly annoyed with Keith because he couldn't understand his accent
Tbf the poor lad was confused all night :lol::lol::lol:

Was a loyal fan, absolutely loved the lads

Spotted him at every away game I've been to.

Was he connected to the Feyenoord Mackems? Would see him from time to time with a lad that brings a Feyenoord Mackems flag to games (the lad with the walking stick).

Know the feeling well....there's a Gatesheed lad I see occasionally at games and for the most part I can't understand a fcuking word he says....I usually just nod and agree with what he says:lol:

It is with great sadness that I have to report Keith's passing yesterday.
As all who knew him, he was a MLF and travelled the World to watch his heroes in Red n White.

May you Rest in Peace my Good Friend and there's plenty at the Club that will miss you.

I dedicated last night's Win to you mate.
Great post mate

Only spoke to him on Saturday, in total shock. Rest in peace mate a truly great bloke ❤️

Last edited:

Back