Keeping off the drink.

It was chocolate brownie, it wasn’t bad at all.

Going down to London for the game tomorrow is a test but the lads have all been supportive so if I manage that I reckon I can manage most things, I’m really looking forward even without the booze.
Good luck for today mate and you can do it 👍.

So since I wrote that, I’ve swapped departments to something far more suited to my skill set, nabbed a decent pay rise off the back of it and feel a load better in general. I’ve been getting more and more productive all week, normally that news today would be an excuse to get on it, but I’ve had a tub of Jude’s ice cream instead, about 10% of the calories and 5% of the cost, happy weekend all.

Well done mate. I’ve been keeping off the drink for a few months now. Also secured a promotion and lost half a stone. Definitely saved money too. Good things happen if you stay committed.

I think what is being highlighted here is the difference it is making in people's lives. Being able to move forward with a clear head and a healthier body is really making a difference in people's life.

It has been hard for you lot I know, but added to the above is the knowledge that you can do something you set out to do.

A lot of positives being g highlighted here.

Well done the lot of you.

I think what is being highlighted here is the difference it is making in people's lives. Being able to move forward with a clear head and a healthier body is really making a difference in people's life.

It has been hard for you lot I know, but added to the above is the knowledge that you can do something you set out to do.

A lot of positives being g highlighted here.

Well done the lot of you.
I think the biggest hurdle is what you said above about having the knowledge that you CAN do it.

I got to the point where my life was punctuated by when I could get a drink. Making sure I always had plenty of wine in the house above all else. Every event was associated with having a drink. I literally could not even envisage a time when I didn't, or couldn't drink. It used to get me down, 'knowing' that giving up for me was a futile pipe dream that I could never achieve and I saw no end to it (except for a bad one).

Knowing that I could and have kicked it is massive. It shows that willpower and determination can achieve things that seemed impossible. It is bloody hard but my advice to anyone is that you CAN do it and you will be better for it. Don't give in and don't let booze or anything dictate your life. You are in charge, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Back