Keep feeding those birds during the snowy weather

One of our Neighbours feeds the Seagulls with hot dogs etc, and there's Seagull shit all over the place and they're git dead noisy in the morning if you the windows open - very annoying. They're big fuckers so our cats not hard enough, they actually swoop for the cat :lol:
I live in Coventry and we’ve had an unusually large influx of seagulls. Saw two scrapping mid air over something big and they eventually dropped it. Could hear the “thunk” as it hit the ground about fifty yards away so went to check what it was, and found an almost intact rabbit!

Fieldfares in the garden this Morning and one of the resident pairs of Mistle Thrushes.
Due to this regular feeding the Robins have become less aggressive and yesterday 8 in the garden at one time which is incredible. They are getting used to me and realise that when I walk out on the back patio it’s feeding time.
Getting very tame and a few feeding at my feet.
A pair of Pied Wagtails have been joined by another pair and tame.
Never seen so many Blue Tits and Great Tits. It’s going to be a bumper Spring with the nest boxes I have put up this end of our Village.
Put one in every tree one side of the road and noticed a few Great Tits going in and out of a couple and the same with a few of the smaller hole blue Tit boxes.
No sign of any Owls mind you, but to be honest not going to wait outside as it’s too cold.
Hoping my Nuthatch reclaims his box that he nested in last year, a regular to the bird table and a lovely bird.
Milder next week and some incredible temperatures as high as 17 degrees next weekend. That will start the Blackbirds and Thrushes to start the nest building.

The Dawn chorus something to simply enjoy. Takes the mind of the disappointment with football.

Last edited:

Back