Keel Square Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The council deserve every bit of flak that comes their way, not so much for what they have done...but for what they havent done.

Yes the Tories laid waste to what Sunderland was built on, but this cabal of cocksucking clusterfucks have allowed every last reminder of that glorious and proud past to be erased from living memory.

They are the ones who have made it so difficult for kids today to even fathom what the Wear was like 30 years ago.

They are the ones who presided over the desperate deterioration of the seafront that has resulted in it needing huge investment.

They are the ones who have allowed the town centre to look like its been hit with a meth bomb. They are the ones who constantly roll out the scale models and never deliver. Who have allowed Soviet architecture to be resurrected in SR1.

And yet the same gullible fools on here are queueing up to praise them for any effort to improve the shambolic mess that they themselves have created.

Its like keeping Simon Grayson in charge and watching him relegate us all the way down to the Northern League....and then 10 years later hailing him as the next Mourinho when he promotes us to the Conference.
That bridge will never get built...same with Vaux

Here's an ode to dear old The Boot
About how he gets annoyed
When we question his online nonsense
That we really can't avoid.

Posting shit from near & far
From where he comes, no-one knows
But when the harsh truth bites in
He's in a git big sulk, and off he bloody goes.

Old Booty, he really is a mystery,
His Bullshit Factor, its always a TEN,
And there's still that nagging question,
Is he really Len?

He's always got a problem,
He's always having a moan
One mention of the council
He's like a dog with a f***ing bone.

Keyboard warriors, they come and go
But this Boot is really made of leather
Our problem on the SMB is
He could go on forever!
I like it a lot!

I like it a lot!
And here's one to you and @Boris Bear that will actually make sense. Ben the two of us need look no more
We talk shit and think we cause uproar
When the new hotel arrives
We'll set a room aside
And everyone will see
That you belong in meeeeeeee.

Last edited:
clusterfucks have allowed every last reminder of that glorious and proud past to be erased from living memory.

They are the ones who have made it so difficult for kids today to even fathom what the Wear was like 30 years ag

Keel square,glass centre,railway museum,winter gardens,various plinths around telling you stories,then there's the riverwalk which was a rat run when i was young[/QUOTE]

clusterfucks have allowed every last reminder of that glorious and proud past to be erased from living memory.

They are the ones who have made it so difficult for kids today to even fathom what the Wear was like 30 years ag

Keel square,glass centre,railway museum,winter gardens,various plinths around telling you stories,then there's the riverwalk which was a rat run when i was young
[/QUOTE]
I think some people would rather look forward into the future rather than the past. It's just that's all we get rammed into us I feel. It's all over Sunderland. But I do like all the things you mentioned. And I'm not a cluster fuck. I hope.

I think some people would rather look forward into the future rather than the past. It's just that's all we get rammed into us I feel. It's all over Sunderland. But I do like all the things you mentioned. And I'm not a cluster fuck. I hope.[/QUOTE]

I Like both,people moaned about old buildings round the SOL,its what we are ,we're not Milan.They also ignore or diss the stuff we do now for the future.I have good memories of growing up but Sunderland was a shit hole in the 60s and 70s

Keel square,glass centre,railway museum,winter gardens,various plinths around telling you stories,then there's the riverwalk which was a rat run when i was young
[/QUOTE]
Railway musuem, our heritage? (Its been closed over a year now by the way).
Various plinths telling stories...fuck me :eek:
Winter Gardens...really?:lol:
A riverwalk which contains zero reminders of 600 years of shipbuilding.....excellent.

A perfect example of the delusion of the Sunderland electorate.

I think some people would rather look forward into the future rather than the past. It's just that's all we get rammed into us I feel. It's all over Sunderland. But I do like all the things you mentioned. And I'm not a cluster fuck. I hope.[/QUOTE]
What is apparent in Sunderland is the complete absence of civic pride. This is the root cause of the apathy that allows us to be continually underserved by those in power.

The shipyards, the mines, the Lads, our past...these were the sources of that pride. It is truly saddening how quickly that has gone.

Last edited:
Winter Gardens...really?:lol:
A riverwalk which contains zero reminders of 600 years of shipbuilding.....excellent.

You have been in i take it ? It has lots about the ships ,you can ignore it of course.All the musuems in the area are full of mining and shipbuilding stuff.Not sure what you want them to do on the river ,rebuild life size ship yards ? Vr Headsets ?..

https://wikitravel.org/en/Sunderland
Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens The most visited museum outside of London gives a modern, entertaining and visually stimulating tour back in time though the fascinating history of Sunderland. Exploring the city's past from pre-history to the present day, the museum explores each of the industries which helped the city to grow through the boomtimes to their demise in the 20th Century. Opened in 2000 the museum also now boasts the beautiful Winter Gardens - a sub-tropical oasis for plants from around the world.

I was wrong it seems...we’re #1. :lol:

@moshpit @the boot @Nipple Salad

:lol::lol::lol:

Various plinths telling stories...fuck me
Winter Gardens...really?

You have been in i take it ? It has lots about the ships ,you can ignore it of course.All the musuems in the area are full of mining and shipbuilding stuff.Not sure what you want them to do on the river ,rebuild life size ship yards ? Vr Headsets ?..

He want a rusty crane with lights on

Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens The most visited museum outside of London gives a modern, entertaining and visually stimulating tour back in time though the fascinating history of Sunderland. Exploring the city's past from pre-history to the present day, the museum explores each of the industries which helped the city to grow through the boomtimes to their demise in the 20th Century. Opened in 2000 the museum also now boasts the beautiful Winter Gardens - a sub-tropical oasis for plants from around the world.

No stats to back up this bollocks

Winter Gardens...really?

The winter gardens are instantly forgettable for heavens sake. Lets have some honesty in here ffs. Should have been built as per the original.

Google the clyde crane for an example of what we could have done.

A restored, working crane where visitors can go up and operate it. All part of a musuem and development celebrating shipbuilding on the Clyde.

Imagine something like that on the site of the old Laings yard with the cranes they had there.

No stats to back up this bollocks
Sad thing is he knows its bollocks but posts this shit just to perpetuate his 'internet persona'.

So Sunderland museum takes in more visitors than York railway museum, ot the Beatles museum in Liverpool? I find that hard to believe, every time I've been in SM it's been empty, I think someone may have been playing with the stats on that one like.

The winter gardens are instantly forgettable for heavens sake. Lets have some honesty in here ffs. Should have been built as per the original.

Google the clyde crane for an example of what we could have done.

A restored, working crane where visitors can go up and operate it. All part of a musuem and development celebrating shipbuilding on the Clyde.

Imagine something like that on the site of the old Laings yard with the cranes they had there.

Sad thing is he knows its bollocks but posts this shit just to perpetuate his 'internet persona'.
When i say winter gardens i mean the museum rather than the add on bit.I know the crane you're talking about.You say we've done fk all the embrace the past and i think we have.Ignore that stuff if you wish.The big stone with a story is very widely used across the uk as a way of marking the past.You think they're shit fair enough.Not every 7 year old is that interested in ship building either.My mate can knock about with you for a day,tells some good stories of shipyard deaths

So Sunderland museum takes in more visitors than York railway museum, ot the Beatles museum in Liverpool? I find that hard to believe, every time I've been in SM it's been empty, I think someone may have been playing with the stats on that one like.

There was a similar story in the echo a while back and it was just the free museums

Yep,Leeds armouries,National museum of Scotland etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back