Keel Square Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible correlation between loss of jobs in the city centre and the decline of it? Mmm? The problem with an economy solely based on retail is you're exposed to external factors such as inflation and interest rate rises. Increases to which sees less people sending money. Retail is often the first thing to suffer and coupled to a rise in online sales makes it sensitive to fiscal changes.
So the city centre needs to diversify its economy from just retail. The vaux site will help that, the new arts and leisure venues will be beneficial too. I drive past the software centre each morning and see office workers coming in and out the building that are using the city centre amenities. A great example of a central business hub that's diversified the jobs (in the city centre).
The road infrastructure is improving with the SSTC. Hopefully the potential of the A1018 can be realised. Here we have a direct road linking the city centre with the A19. Great for business accessibility, this has potential to boost business from the south.

I love your optimism but there needs to be incentives and massive ones for business to invest in Sunderland’s city centre.

I was talking about shops (residentials dont pay rates) in relation to the state of the city centre. But aye the council dont have any houses, they were all transfered to gentoo about 16 years back

And i explained boris's jumping up and down. He isn't, he's taking the piss out of you. Because the moaners and whingers do the exact opposite.

If you dont know what WDSC means why did you reference it in your post?

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-loss-as-cost-of-redundancies-bites-1-8086260

WDSC

And i explained boris's jumping up and down. He isn't, he's taking the piss out of you. Because the moaners and whingers do the exact opposite.

Maybe you can explain all the other wum posts @Boris Bear makes

He's a wrangun

Last edited:
Just think, in two years time that entire area is going to be unrecognizable to what we know it to be.

People have slated Keel Square, but it will become the center of a hub of business, restaurants, venues and hotels around the Vaux site. For those who slate our city centre, the area will be essentially reborn and will become the new "core" of everything.

Even the Chronicle is admitting now Sunderland is changing, we're going to smash those negative perceptions :cool:
Hope so,sounds a bit like a Sunderland manager before every game though.
The stuff you mention,hotels bars venues all has to have a feed,a reason.Why will the hotels prosper ? why will the bars be full? who are the business's ? who will be in all these places? Sure these questions have been asked by someone so hope it all rolls out into something with a long life

I was talking about shops (residentials dont pay rates) in relation to the state of the city centre. But aye the council dont have any houses, they were all transfered to gentoo about 16 years back

If you dont know what WDSC means why did you reference it in your post?
Fancy @the boot not realising I was ripping the piss out of him :lol:

Doesn’t make any sense surely a waste of time and money there’s is no reason business or pleasure to have to some many hotels in Sunderland

Doesn’t make any sense surely a waste of time and money there’s is no reason business or pleasure to have to some many hotels in Sunderland

For whom?

This is a national hotel chain who know the hotel business far better than any of us on here . If they believe theres enough demand for another hotel for them to build one, there must be.

This is private sector investment & you're moaning.

For whom?

This is a national hotel chain who know the hotel business far better than any of us on here . If they believe theres enough demand for another hotel for them to build one, there must be.

This is private sector investment & you're moaning.

Have they got a heads up in that Sunderland are going to win the City of culture bid?

Although even that is a short term thing what happens after that is anybody’s guess.

Have they got a heads up in that Sunderland are going to win the City of culture bid?

Although even that is a short term thing what happens after that is anybody’s guess.

Or maybe there is genuinly more demand than people think. As i said earlier the premier inn was really busy last night, and there wasnt any event on (that i was aware of)

Was down pride park last week, the amount of businesses, hotels, places to eat that have sprung up around it is unreal, that’s what should have happened round our place.

Reactions: GK

I think the massive hotel chains such as Holiday Inn have a better idea whether there is demand for hotels or not in the city to be honest, as they wouldn't be building them if not.

The council deserve every bit of flak that comes their way, not so much for what they have done...but for what they havent done.

Yes the Tories laid waste to what Sunderland was built on, but this cabal of cocksucking clusterfucks have allowed every last reminder of that glorious and proud past to be erased from living memory.

They are the ones who have made it so difficult for kids today to even fathom what the Wear was like 30 years ago.

They are the ones who presided over the desperate deterioration of the seafront that has resulted in it needing huge investment.

They are the ones who have allowed the town centre to look like its been hit with a meth bomb. They are the ones who constantly roll out the scale models and never deliver. Who have allowed Soviet architecture to be resurrected in SR1.

And yet the same gullible fools on here are queueing up to praise them for any effort to improve the shambolic mess that they themselves have created.

Its like keeping Simon Grayson in charge and watching him relegate us all the way down to the Northern League....and then 10 years later hailing him as the next Mourinho when he promotes us to the Conference.

Eeee. Wat a lad. What ya like eh? Do you and @Ben Gardner want a new poem about what yas a gonna do to each other when the new hotel opens?

Here's an ode to dear old The Boot
About how he gets annoyed
When we question his online nonsense
That we really can't avoid.

Posting shit from near & far
From where he comes, no-one knows
But when the harsh truth bites in
He's in a git big sulk, and off he bloody goes.

Old Booty, he really is a mystery,
His Bullshit Factor, its always a TEN,
And there's still that nagging question,
Is he really Len?

He's always got a problem,
He's always having a moan
One mention of the council
He's like a dog with a f***ing bone.

Keyboard warriors, they come and go
But this Boot is really made of leather
Our problem on the SMB is
He could go on forever!