Keel Square Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok what about the occupancy of the flats above the bridges? Not a flash in the pan are they? 1960s circa I think.
They've been stalwarts of central Sunderland for years.......where do the residents spend their cash? And have spent their cash since the 1960s??? That's right in the city centre below.
I used to live very close to the city centre........where did I spend my money.....,.,in the city centre.......
You are seriously equating high-rise social housing with that of private city centre home owners (or lack of them).

Ok mate, great point :lol::lol::lol:

Worrabout the feckin magistrates court?? We have to get that away from Keel Square!! Is nobody listening??

Last I read, probs on here, our useless MPs were raising the issue in parliament. Apparently approval keeps getting put back, but the building of a new one had been promised by the ministry of justice

Not just about the vaux site though, although thats very important......its the change in strategy to bring businesses and homes into a central urban core..........i.e the City centre! More people living and working in the city centre is the ideal. Centralising things will make it the bustling place it deserves to be.

They have done everything possible to take away people for years, look at all the retail and business parks, why on earth would any business want to locate to a city centre when there are plenty of easy access buildings currently available, it doesn't make any sense to me unless they are going to attract them with very low rents.

They have done everything possible to take away people for years, look at all the retail and business parks, why on earth would any business want to locate to a city centre when there are plenty of easy access buildings currently available, it doesn't make any sense to me unless they are going to attract them with very low rents.

Possible correlation between loss of jobs in the city centre and the decline of it? Mmm? The problem with an economy solely based on retail is you're exposed to external factors such as inflation and interest rate rises. Increases to which sees less people sending money. Retail is often the first thing to suffer and coupled to a rise in online sales makes it sensitive to fiscal changes.
So the city centre needs to diversify its economy from just retail. The vaux site will help that, the new arts and leisure venues will be beneficial too. I drive past the software centre each morning and see office workers coming in and out the building that are using the city centre amenities. A great example of a central business hub that's diversified the jobs (in the city centre).
The road infrastructure is improving with the SSTC. Hopefully the potential of the A1018 can be realised. Here we have a direct road linking the city centre with the A19. Great for business accessibility, this has potential to boost business from the south.

That site deserves a truely iconic building. Hopefully this is the building that ties it all together.
Isn’t there a plan for a building with some sort of building incorporating a viewing platform extending out over the Wear?

Isn’t there a plan for a building with some sort of building incorporating a viewing platform extending out over the Wear?

I don't think he means that artwork planned for the cliff/riverside. I think he means an iconic landmark building on the vaux site itself.
Something that identifies the skyline to Sunderland

Here we go borris another "well done council"!!! You utter blurt!!!

Ring the national press mate
Every time they do something you champion it.
It makes the echo and people talk about because we not used to it.
They get paid a lot of money to do this.
If I go to Asda I don't post on here that the checkout girl got the price right. You would think that they had built another hospital or prison.

ITS A f***ing HOTEL BUILT BY SOMEONE ELSE.

Billy Johnson gets an extension on his garage.
WELL DONE SUNDERLAND COUNCIL

Shame the plans don't include a footbridge over the wear. Still think it's ridiculous that we have to shut one lane of the bridge every home game.

Probably don't need to at the minute though

Here we go borris another "well done council"!!! You utter blurt!!!

Ring the national press mate
Every time they do something you champion it.
It makes the echo and people talk about because we not used to it.
They get paid a lot of money to do this.
If I go to Asda I don't post on here that the checkout girl got the price right. You would think that they had built another hospital or prison.

ITS A f***ing HOTEL BUILT BY SOMEONE ELSE.

Billy Johnson gets an extension on his garage.
WELL DONE SUNDERLAND COUNCIL

:lol:

Let me explain it to you.

Most of the seriel whingers blame the council for everything. Including shit loads of stuff theyre not responsible for. One of the common complaints is about the council being too greedy with how much they charge in rent and rates.
The rents are set by the private landlords and rates by central government.

The whole WDSC is a reaction against all that nonesense and just a piss take aimed at said whingers.

Shame the plans don't include a footbridge over the wear. Still think it's ridiculous that we have to shut one lane of the bridge every home game.

Probably don't need to at the minute though
They still do it, two lanes too. Was causing chaos when I was back from the seafront last home game.

:lol:

Let me explain it to you.

Most of the seriel whingers blame the council for everything. Including shit loads of stuff theyre not responsible for. One of the common complaints is about the council being too greedy with how much they charge in rent and rates.
The rents are set by the private landlords and rates by central government.

The whole WDSC is a reaction against all that nonesense and just a piss take aimed at said whingers.
Glad you cleared up the rent issue as I was under the impression Sunderland council did not own any houses. But glad you know more than me. I don't even know what WDSC means so thanks for clearing/not clearing that up.
My post is about @Boris Bear. Jumping up and down every time there's an article in the echo about a building. It's the councils job that's what they get paid for.
Keel square is a tribute to our ship building past and a celebration of the river Wear.
When in fact the first thing people will see coming down the 1231 is an up turned sunken boat! TYPICAL
or maybe they prefer the 189. Derelict waste land that used to be houses.
Pity the PENSHAW WOOLIES EAT DEER graffiti wasn't still around.

Glad you cleared up the rent issue as I was under the impression Sunderland council did not own any houses. But glad you know more than me. I don't even know what WDSC means so thanks for clearing/not clearing that up.
My post is about @Boris Bear. Jumping up and down every time there's an article in the echo about a building. It's the councils job that's what they get paid for.
Keel square is a tribute to our ship building past and a celebration of the river Wear.
When in fact the first thing people will see coming down the 1231 is an up turned sunken boat! TYPICAL
or maybe they prefer the 189. Derelict waste land that used to be houses.
Pity the PENSHAW WOOLIES EAT DEER graffiti wasn't still around.

I was talking about shops (residentials dont pay rates) in relation to the state of the city centre. But aye the council dont have any houses, they were all transfered to gentoo about 16 years back

And i explained boris's jumping up and down. He isn't, he's taking the piss out of you. Because the moaners and whingers do the exact opposite.

If you dont know what WDSC means why did you reference it in your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back