Keano

I'm not sure going to a club with no money to spend is right for keane, I don't think they would match his ambitions and it would ho tits up pretty quickly.

He's done very little apart from getting us promoted to the premier league but that was only because he could depend on several of his Irish mates.

I think he's just not cut out for management or coaching because of the standards he has and he's not able to accept anything less and is better as a pundit.

This. I watched an interview with Steve McMahon once after he'd been managing a few years & he said that one of most difficult things for manager's who'd been a player at a top club is understanding that their players are more limited than what they're used to & often simply can't do the things the things the manager wants. I don't get the feeling Keane can deal with that.

The amount of late goals we scored the following season was fantastic as well. For all the mistakes him and Quinn made in the transfer market when we got promoted, from January 2007-May 2008 we had the best team spirit we've seen at Sunderland since the peak of the Peter Reid era.
Agreed. I was at Derby away when Wallace scored, was absolutely mental

Easy pundit job where he gets to say what he wants for good money then take the dogs for a walk. No chance of managing again and definitely wouldn't last long.

We won 15 out of 53(!) top flight games under him. Obviously there was the Richardson 2-1, but within a few weeks of that Bolton turned us over 4-1 at home and he was gone. He's happy spouting contrary bollocks on Sky.

We won 15 out of 53(!) top flight games under him. Obviously there was the Richardson 2-1, but within a few weeks of that Bolton turned us over 4-1 at home and he was gone. He's happy spouting contrary bollocks on Sky.

He was brought in to lift the place - did it, to make us promotion contenders - won the title comfortably, to keep us in the PL - again quite comfortably. He wasn't going to have a 50% win ratio in the PL with a newly promoted club.

I think in the years since his departure from Man Utd, and subsequent retirement, some of his mystique has worn away.

The Roy Keane Wednesday would get would not be the one we got 15 years ago, and the impact he would have in reviving players, fans and city wouldn't be comparable. Too much water has passed under the bridge since then. Some of the younger players won't even remember him playing and younger fans will see only archive footage and his rants as a Sky pundit.

I still think he'd do a decent job, but his time as a big name to transform a club is gone.

Papers saying he is in the running for next manager of Sheff Wed.
Owls fans kicking off !
If only they knew.
That was nearly 13 years ago. Things have changed. At the time Keane was a huge character in the game and had just retired. There was still that aura and box office appeal around him. That's gone now. It happens in football unfortunately.

Back