Keano

Papers saying he is in the running for next manager of Sheff Wed.
Owls fans kicking off !
If only they knew.

He's done very little apart from getting us promoted to the premier league but that was only because he could depend on several of his Irish mates.

I think he's just not cut out for management or coaching because of the standards he has and he's not able to accept anything less and is better as a pundit.

I don't know what keane will do, but if I was him I'd take the sheff wed job in a heartbeat as long as their barnpot chairman doesn't interfere and he has money to spend.

Sheffield is a footballing city and Wednesday are a big club.

Even if he was getting paid big bucks by sky, li don't think he's the kind of guy driven by cash. And he needs to get back into a managerial job, I suspect nigel Pearson would be hot favourite mind
That's the crux. Keane won't work with an interfering chairman

His arrival created more media interest than anything i’ve seen in 31 years of supporting Sunderland. The season he took us up was fantastic, you felt like he could become a top manager. Beating the mags at home was great after so many years but his ranting and raving obviously gets boring to the modern day player and his impact wears off. Part of me would love to think his experience since leaving us has made him a better manager and he’s learned from it. Not sure keane will ever do compromise though. I like him as a pundit mind. Find him entertaining. Lot of people rightly look back fondly on his time here but some of the games towards the end of his reign, bolton at home etc was horrendous

'Roy Keane's Sunderland' was a media favourite, not just 'Sunderland'.

Was exactly what we needed at that time..... and is exactly what we need now.
I suspect all the hangers on might not relish the prospect of having to meet his standards each day.
Alas everything that was/is great about him is exactly why he'll never become a great manager.
Can't comprehend the modern player attitudes
Doesn't know the word compromise
Struggled to work with players who didn't have his ability
High expectation of everyone at the club including the owners
Integrity
I'd love it if Sunderland became the type of club he'd want to manage because it would mean we'd be doing lots correctly

Back