Keano in talks for azerbaijan job

His career is already over. His methods and views are out dated in the modern game.

But Warnock is the Boro’s saviour?

Chris Wilder and Sean Dyche are as old school as it gets and they’ve received plenty of plaudits - granted Mr Dyche less so this season!

Good values and high standards will never be outdated in any era

But Warnock is the Boro’s saviour?

Chris Wilder and Sean Dyche are as old school as it gets and they’ve received plenty of plaudits - granted Mr Dyche less so this season!

Good values and high standards will never be outdated in any era
It didn't work with Ipswich, Villa, Ireland or Forest.

Keane has admitted he doesn't buy into this sports science nonsense. Fall out with Walters because Burnley had designed a training route for him to prevent injuries and Keane didn't want him to follow it with Ireland. He even mocked Klopp over using sports science and resting players. High standards is one thing. Ignoring new modern approaches is other.

Keane has admitted he doesn't buy into this sports science nonsense. Fall out with Walters because Burnley had designed a training route for him to prevent injuries and Keane didn't want him to follow it with Ireland. He even mocked Klopp over using sports science and resting players. High standards is one thing. Ignoring new modern approaches is other.

Thought he had a sports scientist whilst he was with us

Interested in your Nagorno Karabakh crack mate.

Why did you go?
How did you go? Visas airports etc?
What did you do when you were there?
Are you still able to visit Azerbaijan and other Turkic countries?
How tense was the situation? I thought as it was Armenian occupied and overwhelmingly Armenian populated itd be OK with the status quo? Or is there more Azeris than I think there is?

By all means PM me 😉
I can PM you. But bottom line is that went through Armenia. Wife’s family are of Armenian heritage (no!). Been there a few times now. Love it.

Will go back to Armenia next year. Not Artsakh again though. Just ticked it off list! And you’d struggle with Turkey after going to Armenia – and Azerbaijan would be a complete no-no!

Well he was only assistant at 2of them which is totally different and ireland got to a second round of a major tournament in one of them.

so he did ok overall only so much you can do with shite players
How much was it down to O'Neill and how much was it down to Keane though? I'd say their reign was disappointing.
Unless he's getting fed up being a pundit
The AFFA are meant to be offering crazy money for a high profile manager. Plus the way UEFA have messed up the qualifying process now, it's nearly impossible not to qualify for the Euros.

Last edited:
How much was it down to O'Neill and how much was it down to Keane though? I'd say their reign was disappointing.

The AFFA are meant to be offering crazy money for a high profile manager. Plus the way UEFA have messed up the qualifying process now, it's nearly impossible not to qualify for the Euros.
Well if it was down to oneill don't mention Keanos spells at Forest and villa cant have it both ways

Back