Keane and Neville

Didn't watch the studio bluff, but I was thinking last night about what Neville was bleating on about earlier in the season about Mourinho being in the last of his "3 year cycle". As soon as that caught hold it was curtains for Jose, and really, it was just fuckin' nonsense from Neville. The problem at that club is the players, not Mourinho, not Solskjaer, it's the players. Half of them barely know they're born let alone playing for Manchester United.

Just watching it now due to this thread. I don't usually bother with much analysis as they can't tell me much new these days, but it's hilarious listening to Dave Jones giggling away and squirming in his seat, trying to cut the tension, and Joe Hart just sat there not getting involved.

Didn't watch the studio bluff, but I was thinking last night about what Neville was bleating on about earlier in the season about Mourinho being in the last of his "3 year cycle". As soon as that caught hold it was curtains for Jose, and really, it was just fuckin' nonsense from Neville. The problem at that club is the players, not Mourinho, not Solskjaer, it's the players. Half of them barely know they're born let alone playing for Manchester United.

Last night Man United only had one player who wouldn't have looked out of place in the City side (Pogba). Everyone else is way off, and they didn't even play particularly badly for most of the game.

Last edited:
So he can bottle it as soon as things get tricky?

No thanks
Bottled fuck all. Was true to his word every step of the way.

Last night Man United only had one player who wouldn't have looked out of place in the City side (Pogba). Everyone else is way off, and they didn't even play particularly badly for most of the game.
He's class - when he wants to be. That's the problem. And I think he holds court in the dressing room rather than the manager, and that's not a good thing.

Last edited:
Just watching it now due to this thread. I don't usually bother with much analysis as they can't tell me much new these days, but it's hilarious listening to Dave Jones giggling away and squirming in his seat, trying to cut the tension, and Joe Hart just sat there not getting involved.

Based on last night Pogba would stand out like a sore thumb in that city side. For all the wrong reasons.

Interesting take on excusing the second goal on this thread. Whether the defender is two yards or 200 yards from the forward, he's not going to catch him so why bother?

Great. In that case I'll get a game for Man Utd because even at my age I can stroll around the pitch not bothering to put the effort in and still get knackered afier 50 minutes at the same time.

Being outclassed is one thing. Not bothering to try because you think it's a lost cause and might be a bit tired is a different thing entirely.

Keane and Souness were right about player acquisition too. Regardress of the cost, players have been signed who wouldn't have been considered as good enough at the start of the decade. Their problems run deeper than the team on the pitch.

In fairness about 4 of them were taken out of the game by Sterling's burst of pace for the second goal.
There was no mention of how well Sterling had done.
The centre half should have got across to close Mane down quicker, that's fair enough.

People banging on about how great Keane was - he got us 3 points more over a season than Sbragia.

In terms of our last Premier League run apart from the season we got relegated his 39 point total was no better than average and only as the season we sacked MON and 1 point more than we got the following season.
He did much more than that though! It can't all be reduced to points. He turned the club around from a spiral of decline and gave it back it's self respect. His influence was huge.

It was Sane not Sterling in the instance you are talking about. Cheers

Keane and souness were right. Amazed Neville was making excuses for some poor full back play by both United's full backs. The most basic of basics is stopping your opponent shooting or crossing.
I believe you're right about it being Sane. I didn't think about it, just responded to what was said in the post I was commenting on.

I lost all respect for Neville when he singled out Pickford for criticism during the World Cup and hasn't had a good word to say for him since. Its not the fact he's from Sunderland, its the fact no England player deserved that when they've achieved more than Neville at International level from one toutnament.

I lost all respect for Neville when he singled out Pickford for criticism during the World Cup and hasn't had a good word to say for him since. Its not the fact he's from Sunderland, its the fact no England player deserved that when they've achieved more than Neville at International level from one toutnament.
Neville has an irrational dislike for goalkeepers. I reckon Schmeichel must have bullied him back in the day.

He'd be class in that side tbf. That's his problem though. When things are going well and his side have plenty of possession he's quality. When it gets a little tough and he has to dig in he goes missing.
Toure was guilty of much of the same to be honest, but I think Pogba's on a completely different level of narcissism.

Back