Keane and Neville

He was never here, of course the owner should be checking on where his employees are. He say he regrets it as he knows he had a great opportunity here
It hadn't been a problem before when the team was doing well, why Short started checking up on Keane when results weren't going our way was the beginning of the end for Keane. Keane was nearing the end of his contract, why would he move his family to the area without any assurance that he was still going to be here as manager in a few months time. Had Short offered Keane that assurance then things might have turned out differently. Keane wasn't faultless, but Short had no idea about running a football club and definitely had no idea how to approach Roy Maurice Keane.

Imagine Keane in a dressing room with the likes of Luke Shaw and Fred.
The state of Shaw just looking at him then there were his efforts in the game.
England full back.:lol:
How that fat fuck makes a living playing football is beyond me.

When he broke his leg did he just sit on settee eating pizza, the f***ing humongous twat?

It hadn't been a problem before when the team was doing well, why Short started checking up on Keane when results weren't going our way was the beginning of the end for Keane. Keane was nearing the end of his contract, why would he move his family to the area without any assurance that he was still going to be here as manager in a few months time. Had Short offered Keane that assurance then things might have turned out differently. Keane wasn't faultless, but Short had no idea about running a football club and definitely had no idea how to approach Roy Maurice Keane.

I love Keane and wanted him to stay but Short did fuck all wrong there like, Keane totally overreacted, he will never get a better job.

Neville was talking shit. It's really that simple.

Aye he really was like, as I said earlier I think he was doing it as he attacked them on Sunday, you could tell he didn't believe what he is saying

I love Keane and wanted him to stay but Short did fuck all wrong there like, Keane totally overreacted, he will never get a better job.

Aye he really was like, as I said earlier I think he was doing it as he attacked them on Sunday, you could tell he didn't believe what he is saying
First point totally agree. Keane downed tools and fucked off. Was gutted tbh.

Second point. The way Neville spouted on about Pickford during the world cup showed him for the clown he is. Almost a troll at times just saying any old shite for attention.

Totally disagree there, if anyone should have told Keane it was down to Quinny. Like I said, Keane wasn't faultless and he does regret how things turned out. If ever there was a man best suited to managing our club other than Brian Clough then it was Keane. On arriving at the club he shook the very foundations, a man who instilled pride, discipline and a never say die attitude into his players and the atmosphere was electric. Then it all changed when Ellis Short took over. Of course Keane made mistakes, he was still cutting his teeth in managment, the mistake was not keeping a lid on the transfer funds, Keane was like a kid in a sweet shop being told he could have what he wanted. It's all in the past now and a case of what could have been, but Short wasn't blameless neither was Keane.

Totally disagree there, if anyone should have told Keane it was down to Quinny. Like I said, Keane wasn't faultless and he does regret how things turned out. If ever there was a man best suited to managing our club other than Brian Clough then it was Keane. On arriving at the club he shook the very foundations, a man who instilled pride, discipline and a never say die attitude into his players and the atmosphere was electric. Then it all changed when Ellis Short took over. Of course Keane made mistakes, he was still cutting his teeth in managment, the mistake was not keeping a lid on the transfer funds, Keane was like a kid in a sweet shop being told he could have what he wanted. It's all in the past now and a case of what could have been, but Short wasn't blameless neither was Keane.

Short had every reason to ask questions liked, he was giving him a fortune to spend. Ignore what happened eventually with Short I don't think he was wrong about Keane and this is coming from Keane's biggest fan.

which is right of course. If Neville or players from that United team stood off City then Keane would destroy them. That's because they were good players and had no excuse. Darmian, Young, Lindelof et al are shite.

Keane was raging because Darmian couldn't get near Sterling. Keane has to understand that United are shit. Shit players struggling against World Class players isn't something new.
Keane was raging because Darmian didn't TRY to get near Sterling and he's right. They may be shit but they sure as shit weren't trying hard enough tonight. The honeymoon is over for OGS, it's back to sulking in the dressing room because it's not all going our way. I think it's hilarious but what that lot needs is not a nice guy like Olly, it's a Roy Keane to rip lumps out of the fuckers. Luke Shaw was a disgrace tonight.

Couldn’t care less what people say about Keane, I loved the bloke when he was our manager and I would still give him the time of day now.
Agree 100%.

Neville was talking shit. It's really that simple.
I like Gary Neville but he was trying to defend the indefensible.

Last edited:
Short had every reason to ask questions liked, he was giving him a fortune to spend. Ignore what happened eventually with Short I don't think he was wrong about Keane and this is coming from Keane's biggest fan.
We'll have to agree to disagree marra, Short could have handled the situation differently, he was the new owner and wanted to show who wielded the stick at the club. You also have to remember Keane had learnt what he thought management was all about from both Cloughie and Fergie neither of which would have entertained owners or even chairmen interfering in team matters. As a Keane fan myself, I can understand his point that moving permanently to the area hadn't been a problem in the past before Short arrived so what was the big problem. It could have all been handled differently imho.

I find him a bit boring now tbh. The sad reality is; he knows he won’t get a top job again and now just rants on TV for a bit of attention.

We'll have to agree to disagree marra, Short could have handled the situation differently, he was the new owner and wanted to show who wielded the stick at the club. You also have to remember Keane had learnt what he thought management was all about from both Cloughie and Fergie neither of which would have entertained owners or even chairmen interfering in team matters. As a Keane fan myself, I can understand his point that moving permanently to the area hadn't been a problem in the past before Short arrived so what was the big problem. It could have all been handled differently imho.

I think there were bigger issues than just Short mate. I suspect he wanted out and Short was the perfect excuse.

Last edited:
Keane was raging because Darmian didn't TRY to get near Sterling and he's right. They may be shit but they sure as shit weren't trying hard enough tonight. The honeymoon is over for OGS, it's back to sulking in the dressing room because it's not all going our way. I think it's hilarious but what that lot needs is not a nice guy like Olly, it's a Roy Keane to rip lumps out of the fuckers. Luke Shaw was a disgrace tonight.

Agree 100%.

I like Gary Neville but he was trying to defend the indefensible.

It was Sane not Sterling in the instance you are talking about. Cheers

Keane and souness were right. Amazed Neville was making excuses for some poor full back play by both United's full backs. The most basic of basics is stopping your opponent shooting or crossing.

Last edited:
I find him a bit boring now tbh. The sad reality is; he knows he won’t get a top job again and now just rants on TV for a bit of attention.

I think there were bigger issues than just Short mate. I suspect he wanted out and Short was the perfect excuse.
Spot on...

People banging on about how great Keane was - he got us 3 points more over a season than Sbragia.

In terms of our last Premier League run apart from the season we got relegated his 39 point total was no better than average and only as the season we sacked MON and 1 point more than we got the following season.

Neville said the "legs were gone" - after 53 minutes just after half time? It was ludicrous and he was rightly destroyed for it.
I think it's actually somewhere between the two. City are a phenomenal team so Utd may have been slightly jaded. However, mentally, United aren't strong enough. There'll have been worse teams technically that have shown more fight, heart and desire against City than Man U did last night

Back