Kates in Labour

Given that only 18% of the population oppose the monarchy, with strong majorities still supporting it amongst Labour voters and young people. How is it that there are so many people who scathingly hate the royals concentrated in the same place on this forum? Be interested to see what a board poll on the subject brings...

Given that only 18% of the population oppose the monarchy, with strong majorities still supporting it amongst Labour voters and young people. How is it that there are so many people who scathingly hate the royals concentrated in the same place on this forum? Be interested to see what a board poll on the subject brings...

It's a lot wider than that - Twitter was full of people fairly ambivalent to the whole thing and many pissed off that it's another mouth to feed/kid to put through 18 years of private school then university etc.

The whole idea of us bowing down, worshipping and paying for someone based on their blood line is old hat and quite frankly, a little bit disturbing. Yes - it only costs each tax payer 20 pence per week or whatever it is, but when you think what else that could be spent on...

It's a lot wider than that - Twitter was full of people fairly ambivalent to the whole thing and many pissed off that it's another mouth to feed/kid to put through 18 years of private school then university etc.

The whole idea of us bowing down, worshipping and paying for someone based on their blood line is old hat and quite frankly, a little bit disturbing. Yes - it only costs each tax payer 20 pence per week or whatever it is, but when you think what else that could be spent on...

That 20p will be irrelevant if we lose the billions of revenue they generate each year

I don't hate them its the press - the royal family can't even fart without there being a centre page spread on it.

Two very rich people have child who will be obscenely privileged for his entire life. Glad he and they are healthy and well. However - why do we still doff our caps to this nonsense?

Two very rich people have child who will be obscenely privileged for his entire life. Glad he and they are healthy and well. However - why do we still doff our caps to this nonsense?

Who is doffing their caps? People are just pleased to see an apparently nice young couple safely delivered of their third child.

Personally I am keeping an eye out for Princess Anne’s daughter, Zara, who is also pregnant. The poor girl lost a baby last year and I’m hoping that she manages to deliver this one safely.

You can think a monarchy is a good thing overall without being chuffed about supporting so many of them.

When a question is asked can skew survey results. That survey was done around the time of the Queen became our longest serving monarch, the Queen is popular in opinion polls.

If that survey was done around the time of her "annus horribilis" in 1992 when there were divorces, sex scandals, and tell all books the results would have probably been less favourable.

Looking at years to come it will probably swing in the opposite direction:

This is everyone's least favorite royal family member, according to a new poll

If there was a referendum on keeping the monarchy I don't know how I'd vote, I doubt I'd be fussed with the result one way or the other.

I certainly wouldn't be swayed by bollocks about tourism though. :lol:

i'd say that, as with most subjects that the establishment gain from, the general public are generally thick and/or brainwashed when it comes to discussing them.

i hardly know anyone that is a 'royalist'. most people i know are ambivalent at best or aggressively opposed at worst.

its just another distraction by the powers that be, to make us 'happy' at something we benefit nothing from, whilst they fuck us over in a million other ways.

I absolutely despise the Royal Family!
Oh and the Tory Government!
As well as NUFC and Glasgow Rangers.
Does this make me a bad person?

Prince Louis.

I absolutely despise the Royal Family!
Oh and the Tory Government!
As well as NUFC and Glasgow Rangers.
Does this make me a bad person?

Why?

I can understand being opposed to the idea of a Monarchy, but I don’t get the hate towards the family themselves.

Louis is one of George's middle names from the news articles.

I can understand people passing a name down generations, but the bairn is practically sharing a name with his brother. Odd.

As posted on St Georges day, they should have just called him George.

Back